• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

There are people flying all over the country right now on a weekly or more basis because of their occupation. Technically she is doing both of the above for that. Sure, you could argue that she doesn't necessarily need to do all that, but I would argue the opposite. Obviously, if she was making millions off the tour and her sponsor I doubt she would be taking these risks, but the fact that she does should tell you something - she's hustling to continue to grow her brand to make money because her window of opportunity in this sport is closing quick and could end at anytime. She doesn't have any college education, trade school or career skills outside of disc golf. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I was in her shoes TBH.

I mean, if she isn't already a millionaire, she's close. That came from Nate Perkins. If she manages her finances well she can buy a house and then do pretty much any job to put food on the table. She easily has 5-10 years of top-level competition ahead. I mean, a lot of the FPO players are 40+. And like, Paige is the GOAT of FPO.... Even after she stops playing she will have ample opportunities in the sport. Clinics, commentary. She can keep doing her tourist trips. Hell, her brand is just growing and growing, as is the sport itself. She'll probably have avenues no one has even thought of yet 10 years from now.

PP will be just fine.

PP will be just fine.

This says it all in one short little sentence! Paige has such a tremendous God given talent and she makes the very most out of it. She dedicates all of her time and efforts in doing what she enjoys, disc golf and everything else, and she does her very best to include her fans and make them feel like they are a part of it. She is not tied down to family and is totally free to do whatever she pleases. That is part of what makes her so much fun to watch and follow for the rest of us average people. Literally, the sky is the limit for Paige in her future, both financially and her trophies and titles that she will earn in her career of disc golf. And, she makes everyone who follows her feel like they are with her on the journey. Pretty cool stuff, I know I'm a big fan!:thmbup:

I mean, if she isn't already a millionaire, she's close.

What in the world gives you the feeling she is close?
Her career earnings are $244,633, over 14 years, so about $17,500 a year.
Estimated cost of living in the US is $10-12K a year, I'll lower it for a touring pro to $8K.
So over the last 14 years, she could have "saved" an estimated $133,000.
Let's pretend that we will believe Discraft gave her $1,000,000 like Paul, and that puts her total career earnings at $1,133,000.
And then we have to remove 20% for taxes.

So, IF Discraft gave her a million she might be close. But I do not believe she would have gotten even close to that from them.

I don't think it's heartburn about traveling per se, as pointed out she literally has to do some degree of it to put bread on the table. It's the APPEARANCE (I haven't watched her videos other than the Hawaii one so I can't comment too much) of being fairly careless in the process. I wrote earlier in the thread about the precautions I took when on a work trip. It seems like she maybe isn't doing a lot of that? I'd be a little surprised if in totality she's being completely careless, I haven't seen her say too much about covid but based on her other sociopolitical views she seems more likely to be taking it seriously than say a McBrody. I'm traveling for work again right now, fortunately since I have had both rounds of shots I have felt comfortable loosening up quite a bit. For example not wearing an N95 the entire time from entering the first airport terminal to getting into my hotel room like I did in December.

Last edited:
If I understand the revenue streams of a professional disc golfer, then tourney earnings are the smallest part of the pie.
Disc sales and salaries are probably the two biggest streams.
Then there is media (FB, Twitter, YT, etc), which she is working VERY hard to build.
So yeah, close to a million sounds about right to me.

What in the world gives you the feeling she is close?
Her career earnings are $244,633, over 14 years, so about $17,500 a year.
Estimated cost of living in the US is $10-12K a year, I'll lower it for a touring pro to $8K.
So over the last 14 years, she could have "saved" an estimated $133,000.
Let's pretend that we will believe Discraft gave her $1,000,000 like Paul, and that puts her total career earnings at $1,133,000.
And then we have to remove 20% for taxes.

So, IF Discraft gave her a million she might be close. But I do not believe she would have gotten even close to that from them.

I'm getting that from the words of Nate Perkins, a close personal friend of hers and one of the pros known for being up on contracts/the biz side of disc golf. He said it on Brian Earhart's podcast I believe.

We have no idea how much Discraft is paying her, but they're obviously shelling out money. She's the top FPO in the world and her tour series discs fly off the shelves. She also has other revenue streams such as her Youtube and her Disc Golf Tourist trips, as I have already mentioned. She's also been crushing it and winning chips for a decade and was probably well-paid by her sponsors before Discraft too.

I don't believe Discraft gave her a $1,000,000 salary. I believe all of her revenue streams, including salary, disc sales, tournament winnings, and other business ventures for over a decade have brought her around the $1million mark.

She also lives in a van full-time and probably has her sponsor pay a lot if not 100% of her travel expenses.... Cmon now.

I don't think it's heartburn about traveling per se, as pointed out she literally has to do some degree of it to put bread on the table. It's the APPEARANCE (I haven't watched her videos other than the Hawaii one so I can't comment too much) of being fairly careless in the process. I wrote earlier in the thread about the precautions I took when on a work trip. It seems like she maybe isn't doing a lot of that? I'd be a little surprised if in totality she's being completely careless, I haven't seen her say too much about covid but based on her other sociopolitical views she seems more likely to be taking it seriously than say a McBrody. I'm traveling for work again right now, fortunately since I have had both rounds of shots I have felt comfortable loosening up quite a bit. For example not wearing an N95 the entire time from entering the first airport terminal to getting into my hotel room like I did in December.

I agree with this. Just today on her Instagram there's footage of her and Alyssa running around a hotel with no masks. Seemed pretty flippant to me.

McBeth is the type that may think masks are dumb internally but knows where his bread is buttered and will tow the line. I'm honestly shocked that I haven't seen any anti-mask stuff from Brodie.

She seems to be doing just fine with her choices during this past year, but let's judge her either way if it isn't our way....judge everyone else also.. it is what we do now.

I agree with this. Just today on her Instagram there's footage of her and Alyssa running around a hotel with no masks. Seemed pretty flippant to me.

McBeth

Paige and Alyssa were running to go to james Conrad's room, who was in there with his significant other. Also no masks 🙄

Mcbeth might not be the best to hold up as a good example IMO. Lots of videos with no masks where he should be wearing them. And the "foundation vs the nation" picture from early on was a REALLY bad look (on my phone now, can find it later if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Paige and Alyssa were running to go to james Conrad's room, who was in there with his significant other. Also no masks 🙄

Mcbeth might not be the best to hold up as a good example IMO. Lots of videos with no masks where he should be wearing them. And the "foundation vs the nation" picture from early on was a REALLY bad look (on my phone now, can find it later if you don't know what I'm talking about)

You've got me very curious about this Foundation vs the Nation photo, ha. Not sure what you're talking about. Would love to see it when you get the chance.

I do remember early on before they manufactured a bunch of cloth masks they were telling us NOT to use medical masks because they needed to save them for actual frontline workers. Of course now that supply is not an issue things have changed.

But yeah, I was disappointed in Paige and Alyssa. Conrad was just in his own hotel room, but the girls were literally running and giggling through the hotel hallways with no masks. Really bad optics for the sport and PP's brand IMO. Lucky for her no one is paying attention except disc golfers. And even among disc golfers those of us that look at Paige's Instagram is a niche group.

You've got me very curious about this Foundation vs the Nation photo, ha. Not sure what you're talking about. Would love to see it when you get the chance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCv_d13pY7v/

and to get back on the topic of paige: I really wish the european FPO players could tour in the US because I think they would really push paige in the same way we're seeing hailey put some pressure on her. hopefuly 2021 ends up being more accommodating in that aspect because I would love to see paige's absolute fullest potential

I'm not sure how many people watch a Pro disc golfer's vlog, but haven't any of you guys watched an NFL game in 2020. The mask situation was an absolute joke. In front of Thousands and thousands of times the viewers. Let's cut paige a little slack and put more of the onus on A Rod and Brady and literally every other pro, hell even college, athlete. :confused:

I'm not sure how many people watch a Pro disc golfer's vlog, but haven't any of you guys watched an NFL game in 2020. The mask situation was an absolute joke. In front of Thousands and thousands of times the viewers. Let's cut paige a little slack and put more of the onus on A Rod and Brady and literally every other pro, hell even college, athlete. :confused:

Why should other people behaving poorly excuse paiges poor behavior?

1) The mask usage in the NFL was a LOT better than anything I saw in disc golf.

2) They had really strict rules. People were constantly getting fined for not wearing masks at certain points in games, fined for going out to eat, etc, etc, etc.

3) They pretty much were only interacting with themselves and other NFL employees. Disc golfers are interacting with local players, volunteers, staying with hosts, etc, etc, etc.

Latest posts