• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parc Des Familles - Friday April 5, 2019

zrxchris

Birdie Member
In town for the GrandMasters Ultimate Tourney at UNO this weekend. Looking to hook up with some locales to play the John R Houck course on Friday.

Anyone up for a $5 singles or dubs round this Friday? I could start anytime between 10-11am.

Chris
205-737-5312

THe local sheriff's office just sent out flooding robo calls. I imagine the course might be soupy for a couple days. Kinda sucks as its definitely worth a visit if youre in town.

I can' speak for Park des Familles, but...

My first go at Harmony Bends was in galoshes. Several times the water was deep enough to have flowed inside any pair of mid-top hikers I own. Flooded and all, I simply couldn't escape the fact that it was still the best course I'd ever played.
I'm very glad I made it out about a year later for a 2nd round, in nice weather.

Houck is a master designer who seems to get really nice property and decent resources for his courses (at least the Houck courses I've played). When a designer that good gets a nice parcel and the resources to really do something with it - count me in.

As long as it doesn't pour while I'm playing... I'd rather play a truly special course (4.5 - 5.0) course in crap conditions, than another 3.0-3.5 course in better conditions. Presented with the alternative of a 4.0 in decent conditions, I'd opt for that... but going out of my way to bag another 3.0 - 3.5? I'd rather play the more spectacular course in sub-optimal condition.

Guess it all depends on what aspects of the game you really enjoy and/or hate.

$9 galoshes at Menards

Last edited:
No Menards near New Orleans. $14 at Home Depot.

They do wonders for your footwork!

* realizes he's responding to a month old post* :doh:

Latest posts