• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Patches on the Lat64 Luxury E2

Adampowzki

Hi,
I am gonna get some patches installed in my Lat64 Luxury E2. Probably gonna get it on the top "flap" pocket or the main compartment flap. Anyone have any problems with iron on patches? The same for sewing patches.
Thanks in advance ;)

I've sold hundreds of patches and I've only had a few customers comment to me that the iron on didn't stick well or that it didn't last long. Of course, they could've not been doing it right, I don't know. Personally, I would sew them all on, just to know that it will be clean and durable.

If the iron on fails, or you decide you don't want the patch any more and pull it off, then there could be a glue residue left behind that might be hard to get off. Sewing, of course, might leave behind small pin holes if you decide to remove the patch.

I'm not sure, though, if getting an iron right next to the bag material would hurt the bag. Someone else would have to chime in on that.

I would probably sew them on- that way if you ever changed your mind you could take it off. Iron-ons melt plastic into your bag. Once its on, its there permanently. You need to be VERY careful of your temperatures with the iron also, as the bag is plastic and could melt or at least change texture/sheen. If you iron polyester clothes on too hot a temperature, they get glossy.

I sewed a patch on to one of the side pockets on my E2...only issue was getting my big fingers into the pocket to work from that side. Decided to skip the sewing with the patches I added to the top pocket since it's a thicker material. Those I just used fabric glue rather than ironing. The glue might leave a stain if I take the patch off, but I'm putting it on there for keeps so I don't really care what it looks like under the patch.

If you're worried about damaging the bag, stick to needle and thread. Unless you're using a big honking needle, the marks won't really show anyway. Besides, I would think the larger concern with removing patches after a time would be uneven fading of the bag color from the sun.

That top flap doesn't seem like the best place to sew on patches. I had trouble even getting the needle of a pin through it and back out again without digging into whatever material they are using to reinforce it.

I used liquid stitch for my patches and so far (3 months) they are still hanging on tight. Had to add a lil dab to the corner of one patch, but that was due to my not putting the glue close enough to the edge. My 2 bits. Cheers!

Has anybody put patches over existing Latitude logo's? Just wondering for future if I start putting some patches on i'm going to want to keep going until it looks complete to me. I'm not sure yet if i'd cover any logos but i'm trying to consider my options before i start and don't have room for certain patches. I have a big Fighting Sioux head logo patch i want to put on the flat top part...would take up the whole area but other than that i'm not sure where they'll fit/work yet. Anybody have pics? Or even pics of other bags with patches for ideas.

Latest posts