• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

29:40 in that interview, you can DEFINITELY hear a lighter being flicked...not sure by whom.

Whoah...Paul pretty much dissed DD on the PDGA interview, saying Rusco told him Lat & DD have money to spend, but Paul didn't even want to entertain their offers. wow...

Yeah I didn't read it like this at all. I saw it more as, "Hey, I'm already in pretty deep with Discraft and I'd rather not upset that."

29:40 in that interview, you can DEFINITELY hear a lighter being flicked...not sure by whom.

LOL. I think that was just feedback on the little mouth tick (no real idea what to call it otherwise) before Paul starts talking.

Good interview. So many nuggets of info. Interesting to hear McBeth's take on his former sponsor. I was waiting for the standard 'it's been an amazing run, I'm sad to go, and on to new challenges' type thing, but he really didn't hold back in his criticisms. Who says players need more personality?? You would never get such a candid take from a professional footballer.

Nice to hear the shout-out to "Mike and Bob" at Discraft. Yes, good guys for sure.

No mention at all of Mark Ellis who I'm sure was instrumental in this whole affair. Eh? :D

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. All I know is I've been throwing Discraft since before I started playing.

Only since before you were playing? Slacker. I have been throwing Discraft since before the invention of disc golf, plastic, and the circle.

Someone help out Discraft and update their Wikipedia entry, nothing about McBeth, still lists Elaine King as team member and not Val. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discraft

Edit: well Innova's page isn't anything special either, but at least someone has removed Paul already.

Whoah...Paul pretty much dissed DD on the PDGA interview, saying Rusco told him Lat & DD have money to spend, but Paul didn't even want to entertain their offers. wow...

This is the most disingenuous interpretation you could have. "pretty much dissed DD".... any reasonable human listening to that cannot come away with this perception. I have to assume you are trolling. conversation starts 16:50 for anyone who wants to listen to why Paul did not consider DD when they tried to jump into negotiations. In no way did it come off as dissing.

This is the most disingenuous interpretation you could have. "pretty much dissed DD".... any reasonable human listening to that cannot come away with this perception. I have to assume you are trolling. conversation starts 16:50 for anyone who wants to listen to why Paul did not consider DD when they tried to jump into negotiations. In no way did it come off as dissing.

100% agree.

To me, it sounded like his negotiations with Discraft were basically done by the time Rusco contacted him. Just seemed like DD was too late to the negotiating table.

1000% agree

I beg to differ with you, "I didn't want to start negotiating" , "I didn't want to go down another road". Call it what you will..I take it as he had absolutely zero interest in even hearing an offer from DD, especially after stating DD "had money to spend".

I don't think he dissed them. I think that he just stated that he was already kinda set on Discraft at that point and didn't want to bring in a 3rd party to muddy up the waters.

BUT... it brings up the point that DD has money to spend and hopefully are willing to spend it on the right player that they find.

I don't know about the money to spend. On Rusco's monthly YT Live discussion yesterday he was talking about the assumed 4 year/million $ contract for Paul and said DD did not have that kind of money to spend just yet.

I beg to differ with you, "I didn't want to start negotiating" , "I didn't want to go down another road". Call it what you will..I take it as he had absolutely zero interest in even hearing an offer from DD, especially after stating DD "had money to spend".

you lost all your credibility in the 'pros switching' and 'mcbeth stays with innova' threads

I think you're looking for reasons to hate this move.

Dude you're embarrassing yourself. Anyone with a brain can tell from the interview that he didn't want to lead them along since he already had an offer from discraft that he liked.