• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JomezPro Acquired by DGPT

Jomez guys can dodge discs better than DGN guys.

Wait - does this put DGN at odds with DGPT? Interesting. I'll catch their show after lunch.
I thought DGN was just the branding of the DGPT's streaming service?

Likely good news for both parties and speaks well to the growth - and hopefully at least one less camera is needed, they are really crowded in places. Perhaps GK Pro is next as they are also already working in cooperation with the DGPT on the skins matches this year.

people who complain about this probably should think a little more about what could have happened to Jomez since they didn't pay the 250k they owed DGPT for 2 years of lead card coverage. Jeff et al were smart enough to see that absorbing the Jomez brand would lead to the best outcome for everyone, because Jomez is a significant asset

people who complain about this probably should think a little more about what could have happened to Jomez since they didn't pay the 250k they owed DGPT for 2 years of lead card coverage. Jeff et al were smart enough to see that absorbing the Jomez brand would lead to the best outcome for everyone, because Jomez is a significant asset

That part was the most interesting to me. We all knew there was a bubble that might burst, seems like it may already have or at the very least deflated a bit.

They're going to need to find someone already independently wealthy with some prior experience for that pathetic coordinator salary.

Take off the disc golf component and that's basically any generic infastructure construction coordinator position and just traffic control or site prep pays well over 90k base plus per diem. Add in the nuance of disc golfers being involved and you have all the ingredients for a high turnover position and less than acceptable results.

That part was the most interesting to me. We all knew there was a bubble that might burst, seems like it may already have or at the very least deflated a bit.
It's interesting to me in that professional disc golf has historically not been a driver of the sport. The sport was more of a grass roots-driven experience propping up a facade of professional disc golf. Now that professional disc golf has found a billionaire to prop it up, it's fairly well detached from anything the grass roots-driven experience is doing.

Jomez obviously is hitched to the professional disc golf tour, so a decline in fortunes for them signals a possible cooling in the interest in the professional disc golf tour (or just a shuffling of who is watching what where). How does that relate to the overall popularity of the sport? I have no idea anymore. DGPT seems in a lot of ways completely unrelated to the things I've always considered disc golf to be.

It continues to be the case that the only real money in disc golf is the significant profit margin between how much it costs to manufacture a disc and how much the manufacturers can sell it for. The main financial impact of Jomez was raising the visibility of various pros and the discs they throw, allowing manufacturers to sell significantly more discs at even higher prices. Everything else, DGN subscriptions, Youtube Ad revenue, DGPT ticket sales, etc., is chump change.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, DGPT is providing the financial backing and management of JomezPro; which frees up JomezPro to focus on doing the camera work and post-production. JomezPro will be getting more cameras and people so they can cover FPO also. This will also allow JomezPro to get more post-production out faster. So, it seems like:

DGN - Live coverage
JomezPro - Lead card/Post production
GateKeeper - Chase card/Post Production

But it is possible that JomezPro will eventually be doing the Chase Card also as they get more equipment and employees (paid for by DGPT). It may also be possible that JomezPro will be doing the Live Coverage.

My thoughts on why this is happening....I've seen lots of complaints online about the poor DGN coverage. From DGN camera folks getting hit or being in the way, to missing shots, to below 'par' commentary. Maybe DGPT has seen the writing on the wall and wants a more professional output; which led to getting JomezPro.

Latest posts