DGPT - Resistance is futile

This sure reads like there was some $$ to PDGA Europe involved. With this and the recent 'partnerships', there seems to be a lot of monetization of our non-profit, member-run organization.

"The PDGA Euro Tour, which is the professional competition arm of PDGA Europe, will pause its independent PDGA Euro Tour Open Divisions series, opting instead to support DGPT Europe"

So there's no income for the PDGA from these events. DGPT also brought the Prodigy Europe leadership (who sponsored the Euro tour) on to their board.

Reactions: g20
Since it doesn't fit in the Jomez-acquired thread, I figured DGPT needs its own going forward. It seems to have overtaken the PDGA and manufacturers in a way as the de facto controlling party of the tour.
Now they own Europe as well -
Disc Golf Pro Tour Announces Unified 2024 European Tour - Disc Golf Pro Tour
DGPT encompasses a couple hundred disc golfers. 10's of thousands play the game. Clubs, local sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments, leagues, morning retiree coffee rounds, weekend warrior groups.....they are still the VAST majority of the PDGA and manufacturers sales. I have little to no interest in DGPT, as anything more than a low level, small viewership, YouTube enterprise.

But.....good on the tour for providing a better opportunity for our overseas professionals.

From the beginning of the PDGA, there has been a constant push and pull between managing pro and am. Has anyone else ready Steady Ed's reply to a group of pros that proposed separate orgs back in the 70s? Pretty salty stuff.
We always talked about getting that big name to support a pro event tour - Nike, Cornfairy Insurance, whatever - but it looks like the money generated by the pros has finally gotten to the point where it supports itself.

I'd like to see C1 moved to 15 meters and eliminate C2. Plus, they wouldn't have to apply for special exemptions...or do they even have to in Europe anymore?

DGPT also brought the Prodigy Europe leadership (who sponsored the Euro tour) on to their board.
To clarify, they sponsored the European Pro Tour (EPT), whose former staff will be doing most operations for DGPT Europe. The EuroTour was run by PDGA Europe and was completely independent of the EPT, and had a working relationship with DGPT this last season.

Also this sucks, feels like DGPT is establishing a monopoly on top tier pro disc golf, and, regardless of what you think of the DGPT, monopolies are generally bad.

Not surprised that the DGPT sees the future potential of disc golf in Europe.

They don't seem to be making any actual profit in the States, so makes sense to invest in the Euro scene, where it's considered an actual sport.

The US (as a whole) will never see professional disc golf as a legitimate sport, with the related general public interest.

The European scene has proven the opposite.

Now with venture capital investment (HoD), plus all of the efforts of the Euro movers and shakers, it's a no-brainer for DGPT to invest significant resources.

I would be willing to bet that in the next few years, you will see many top American pros skipping events in the States in favor of Euro events.

We've already begun to see it.

What do they assimilate next?
I've thought for a couple years now they need to introduce a true "Silver" tour of 40+ year-old players. Some big names like Feldberg, Avery, Roevre(sp?), Shultz and possibly even a Climo sighting would bring out the fans for sure. It'd also allow playing on the less-than-perfect-for-TV courses because the expectation would be to not commit as much $ to the broadcast - maybe even McFly style with a catch cam would do.

C2 is a good example of the power DGPT has now. They created a new stat based on something that didn't exist before and is otherwise not used on regular PDGA events.
So it does exist - because they said so.

What do they assimilate next?
I've thought for a couple years now they need to introduce a true "Silver" tour of 40+ year-old players. Some big names like Feldberg, Avery, Roevre(sp?), Shultz and possibly even a Climo sighting would bring out the fans for sure. It'd also allow playing on the less-than-perfect-for-TV courses because the expectation would be to not commit as much $ to the broadcast - maybe even McFly style with a catch cam would do.
Under 15k views for any given round of the Masters Worlds- I don't think the demand is actually there.

Almost forgot MJ, Rico bros, and Uli/Jerm/Sexton and similar grinders from the 2000/10 era would bring out locals to buy tickets at $X a piece.
Masters Worlds didn't get many clicks, but I have to counter that it's on the 32k subscriber PDGA channel and had about 0 promotion anywhere on the socials. DGPT has 172K subscribers (plus Jomez's 445k, Prodigy Euro, Euro Tour peeps as well) and a media machine to plug their stuff to all different ages.
Plus start small - two cameras on a lead card, post-day coverage, and give Earheart and Perkins some work in the booth at a discount.

Moar pro-level golf with names we know = moar better

For as professional as dg is in Europe, why do the payouts suck in comparison to tournaments in the US?

And who is controlling Udisc????

2x2jm9.jpg

Hard and cold
Bought and sold
A heart as hard as gold
Yeah! Are you satisfied?
Wish I might, wish I may
You wish your life away
Are you pacified?
All the wants you waste
All the things you've chased
Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger, but there's no one around
Just want one thing, just to play the king
But the castle crumbled and you're left with just a name
Where's your crown, King Nothing?
Where's your crown?

Since it doesn't fit in the Jomez-acquired thread, I figured DGPT needs its own going forward. It seems to have overtaken the PDGA and manufacturers in a way as the de facto controlling party of the tour.
Now they own Europe as well -
Disc Golf Pro Tour Announces Unified 2024 European Tour - Disc Golf Pro Tour

Money talks.

I watched the part of the Andalucia Open last weekend, it was fun. The announcers were a breath of fresh air compared to the Nates and Philo. The reported the actions but didn't seem to have an interest in being the main attraction. They let the action speak for itself for the most part.

I would definitely be interested in watching more. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule the DGPT and DGN put together for next year. Also if Jomezm or someone, is able to provide some good post-production.

Last edited:
Here's a better breakdown of what the DGPT acquisitions may mean for pro disc golf. This guy doesn't have many subscribers, but he travels some with the tour and gets decent info.