• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Resistance is futile

Appears their policy regarding transgender players has a pretty good chance of being illegal (someone with boots on the ground may know better than I) in all the European venues announced so far- I guess they will just call them Unified events or whatever.

I hope this leads to two separate disc standards. Pdga tech needs competition.
Won't happen. Ball golf used to have two standards for golf balls. British golf balls had a smaller diameter than U.S. golf balls. But that changed at some point and now all legal golf balls are the U.S. diameter. Even golf clubs have the same same standards world-wide. The USGA and RGA jointly control the rules and technology. The USGA has been the leader of the two as they have a robot that is used for testing.

Well, that's kinda my point - they CAN change the standards. They control their events in just about every regard now, and the pros aren't going to skip them for b-tiers with different equipment specs, for example.

So Brodie apparently said on a podcast that the DGPT Tour Card costs players $7K each. I had no idea that was a thing. Very curious about the details.

Was that passed along correctly? Very curious if thats the same for both FPO and MPO.... thats approx up to 135 cards? (80 MPO qualifiers, 10 MPO in via a waiver, 40 and 5 in FPO) So... DGPT brings in about $945,000 from this to fund the tour?

I do see the benefits the Tour Card gets the players on the DGPT page. I don't see the 7K cost listed anywhere.

I believe they're just prepaying for the entire year's worth of events at once. I'd expect there are some other perks included also, but I thought I recall a couple years ago that's how it was explained.

Play well enough, earn a tour card that guarantees entry to all events the next year instead of missing out on an event because it fills super fast. Smart financially for the DGPT also because they're collecting funds at the beginning of the season, easier to budget than receiving bursts of entries throughout the year.

So Brodie apparently said on a podcast that the DGPT Tour Card costs players $7K each. I had no idea that was a thing. Very curious about the details.

Was that passed along correctly? Very curious if thats the same for both FPO and MPO.... thats approx up to 135 cards? (80 MPO qualifiers, 10 MPO in via a waiver, 40 and 5 in FPO) So... DGPT brings in about $945,000 from this to fund the tour?

I do see the benefits the Tour Card gets the players on the DGPT page. I don't see the 7K cost listed anywhere.
Cost for 2023 was $1k. Add in entry fees for all the events to reach the $7k.

Cost for 2023 was $1k. Add in entry fees for all the events to reach the $7k.
Okay, thats way different from how folk on Reddit are describing it and helps a lot. The posts over there seem to indicate entry fees in addition to a 7K tour card.

Is there a list of reasons/rules that they could withdraw your tour card if violated? Doubtful there'd be a refund, and this is a decent chunk of change for people playing for gas money. Or a season-ending injury?

DGPT Tour Card

This is new, I wonder if Lone Star will pay you-know-who's fines like Jerry does for the Cowboys
FinesThe DGPT will begin the process of implementing a fine system for competitors. This will provide a third option for discipline in addition to probation or suspension. This program will be determined by the DGPT Player Council and rolled out before the start of the 2023 season. All Tour Card players must agree to participate in the program to retain their Tour Card.

Well, that's kinda my point - they CAN change the standards. They control their events in just about every regard now, and the pros aren't going to skip them for b-tiers with different equipment specs, for example.
What do you have in mind? Now I am curious. Are you thinking something along the lines of a max weight to disc diameter ratio?

Come on everybody, Let's Play DGPT Chairman!
- the Senior Series I proposed earlier in the thread, but I'd change the min age to 35 probably. Uli, Jerm, MJ and some others do occasionally get a top ten, but they are big draw and among the most popular discers. Payouts don't have to be fantastic, just enough to get us old guys to drive a few hours.
- eliminate C2 and extend C1 to 15 meters. 98% C1 putting is amazing, but it doesn't really impress me that much anymore. Every one of these guys is an incredible putter now, or else they never likely see a podium.
- eliminate VIP and raise ticket prices if you aren't making enough from spectators. The whole VIP thing feels very 1%-er and less egalitarian. We're never going to be ball golf, so lean into the everyman aspect of our sport instead of separating those who can afford to be treated 'more special'.

It's early and I'm sick otherwise I might have more.

For the event I ran VIP was no different than the standard ticket other than allowing access to holes where there was insufficient space for the theoretical whole crowd. If they are going to play on courses with wooded holes this seems like a necessity. How would you deal with that?

A few minutes in the Thunderdome should sort out the VIPs.

For real though, from this side of the TV, it just looks like "let them eat cake." I'd probably do a lottery or first come, first served.

A few minutes in the Thunderdome should sort out the VIPs.

For real though, from this side of the TV, it just looks like "let them eat cake." I'd probably do a lottery or first come, first served.
Since DGPT handles the ticket stuff I could live with a lottery- I would not want more work for my own staff or volunteers.

DGPT ups their streaming game. 'Bout time TBH.

Disc Golf Network 2.0 Launches with InSys Video Technologies Powered by AWS - Disc Golf Pro Tour

Disc Golf Network 2.0 Launches with Insys Video Technologies Powered by AWS

December 6, 2023:
The Disc Golf Network (DGN) is pleased to announce a major update to its core service with the migration of its content and customers away from Vimeo OTT to a newly built platform hosted by Insys Video Technologies (Insys VT) – an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Tier Services Partner. All DGN content is now available for viewing on a refreshed web app (discgolfnetwork.com) as well as on multiple supported mobile and smartTV applications.

DGPT ups their streaming game. 'Bout time TBH.

Disc Golf Network 2.0 Launches with InSys Video Technologies Powered by AWS - Disc Golf Pro Tour

Disc Golf Network 2.0 Launches with Insys Video Technologies Powered by AWS

December 6, 2023:
The Disc Golf Network (DGN) is pleased to announce a major update to its core service with the migration of its content and customers away from Vimeo OTT to a newly built platform hosted by Insys Video Technologies (Insys VT) – an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Tier Services Partner. All DGN content is now available for viewing on a refreshed web app (discgolfnetwork.com) as well as on multiple supported mobile and smartTV applications.
The scariest part of all that is "newly built". Still, I guess I'll live up to my promise of signing back up once they got rid of Vimeo.

I'm sure this will be flawless like always.

Bette Davis Lol GIF by O&O, Inc