• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth's putting style

RustyStrings615

Par Member
So fluid....my favorite player to watch putt by far ... makes it look so unbelievably easy. It seems like its a push putt combined with a spin putt...he does bend the arm to a slight arc...but it is on a pendulum up and down...and he definitely spins it off the thumb pressure.... I'm pretty certain at least. Any thoughts?

I got to play with him at a tourney earlier this year. He threw a couple of forehand shots that were so incredibly lazer beam straight that I'll probably never forget them.

They call him Paul McBeast for a reason. Its not just his putting that's so smooth but his entire game. If you watch his drives his form looks effortless. Hole 18 at Vista during the Memorial, 370ish feet, OB water on the left and OB pathway on the right. Both rounds he smoothly threw a Roc right inside of 15' without looking like there was any effort at all put into it. His mental game is top notch, it seems like he plays each hole for itself as opposed to ever let himself get in his head.

Disc golf monthly just posted a year old video mcbeth does demo putting at least it is a good video.

He looks like he's just a regular spin putter to me. His game is pretty impressive all around. gcr nailed it. He just crushes drives and cans putts. The more footage I see of him, the more impressed I get. Last year when he won the Memorial I hadn't seen him at all and I kept waiting for him to implode but he just killed it all 2011 and is off to an amazing start in 2012.

Latest posts