• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay for returned disc?

knave

Par Member
Met up with a fella tonight and he invited me to throw with him.
He then pulled my lost z-NUKE out of his bag to tee off!
He gave it to me, but then asked if I had any cheaper discs to give him in return. I offered him several models in pro or dx plastic, but he said he hated pro or dx. He kept on bellyaching about how he wouldn't have had to give it to me, so I gave him 5 bucks and he was happy.

I dont mind giving a tip for a returned disc, but what do you all do??

Met up with a fella tonight and he invited me to throw with him.
He then pulled my lost z-NUKE out of his bag to tee off!
He gave it to me, but then asked if I had any cheaper discs to give him in return. I offered him several models in pro or dx plastic, but he said he hated pro or dx. He kept on bellyaching about how he wouldn't have had to give it to me, so I gave him 5 bucks and he was happy.

I dont mind giving a tip for a returned disc, but what do you all do??

dude sounds like an ass. Was your name/ink on the disc? If so, that makes it worse because he hadn't tried calling. I have a buddy who swims for discs all summer and returns all inked ones. I, as well as several others, have given him discs in return. I know several others pitched in and bought him a new pro line rhyno. The best part though is he doesn't expect it.

I would tip if someone called me but in your situation no way.

what a punk move, I don't usually carry cash and theres no way I would have given him a disc out of my bag

i will always pay to stop whining

Geeeez....I think it would be polite to give a few dollars, but that guy kind of ruined the whole kindness of strangers thing.

manipulators!

Sounds like you're a nice guy, destined to get an ace very soon for having to put up with the likes of him! Way to go on ending it amicably.:hfive:

If somebody returned my precious northman, I'd have no prob giving em some cash....but I'm angry for you through the interweb man....

This deserves a meme! not my specialty though

if someone called and went out of there way to get a disc back to me i would pay them or give them a disc or something, but in that case Idk what i would do the guy was kinda being a dick about it

Yeah, if its a tried and true disc I pay for it, but what that guy did is beyond the pale.
I actually ran into a guy today who had only been playing a few months. He was legitametly concerned about what to do when finding an uninked disc. He seemed like a really nice dude who didn't know what to do and wanted to do the right thing. Unfortunatley the course doesnt have a lost and found so I told him he could probably keep it, but to be a gentleman and give it to someone if they said it was theirs. He seemed happy with that.

So just know for every jerk, there's more than a few nice folks out there.

I hear about this sort of thing more and more lately. He should have been embarrased for being caught with your disc. I think I might have waited for him to teeoff, walk over to his disc. Pick it up, put it in my bag and say, Thanks! I'll give you a tip allright- Don't be a Dbag. Hows that feel? If you want it back you can try and take it from me. I just find this to be completly unacceptable behavior. If your name is not on it-- your loss. If it's inked- you can leave it or make an attempt to call. Someone who plays DG should know this. Having the stones to ask for a replacement and or money! You must be kidding me.

Usually in this situation I tell them that if they had bothered to contact me, I would have gladly given them a disc or money in return. But since they did not, they get nothing. Otherwise they will never learn to call a number on a disc.

Latest posts