• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay to play

StymieDidIt

Par Member
With some discussions lately about paying to play, I see today's featured course is a 9 hole pay to play in NH. $10 for a double round of 9. Any thoughts on that pricing. For me, it's not too appealing.

If the course is worth it - then you're okay in my opinion. I paid $10 to play 30 holes at Phantom Falls and was happy about it, but payed $3 to park to play 18 holes at Zilker Park and was pissed about it. Bottom line - it depends on the course in my book.

I would pay that once if I was passing through, but it would have to be a pretty good course for me to pay that regularly.

I guess it would all depend on the course. I looked and the pictures and there weren't many, so I couldn't say for sure on this specific course, but I have definitely played and seen courses that I would pay $10.00 a round for. That said, there are certain things I would expect out of the course to pay that much. It would have to be superbly maintained. Many amenities would also be expected, benches, bathrooms, concessions available/pro shop. Pretty much would expect it to be more like a ball golf course, obviously not as nice, but with all the amenities that a disc golfer would want. Obviously the course itself would also have to be pretty good.

If the course is worth it - then you're okay in my opinion. I paid $10 to play 30 holes at Phantom Falls and was happy about it, but payed $3 to park to play 18 holes at Zilker Park and was pissed about it. Bottom line - it depends on the course in my book.

That's what I'm thinking. $10 is fine for a good course with plenty of holes or variations, but $10 to play the same 9 twice....

That's what I'm thinking. $10 is fine for a good course with plenty of holes or variations, but $10 to play the same 9 twice....

I agree with you there, unless it was an amazing nine, or they had multiple tee pads that really changed the holes up, I can't see paying that much.

A regular course I wold mind paying. Especially if it is a private course and the owner keeps it up himself. But $10 for 9 holes twice... There better be some free tacos or something.

I would pay that once if I was passing through, but it would have to be a pretty good course for me to pay that regularly.

I agree, I might play a course a handful of times a year (depending on the cost - 1 dollar = 10 times, 5 dollars = 2 times) but I'd rather drive 10 more miles to play a free course whenever I wanted

But if I was on a trip, I'd pay 10 bucks if the course had great reviews, but no way would I pay that regularly

I would pay it on a regular basis if the course was good enough. I played coyote point, it was 8 bucks a car load, but still 8 if you went alone, and I would pay this on a regular basis if I could. I'm sure that people would also pay $10 bucks a round to play Flip City on a regular basis. I just think it depends on the course.

$10 for a nine hole course, no matter how many times you get to play, seems awefully steep. Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area in the Minneapolis area is $3 per game or $5 for the day and it's a championship leve 18 hole course.

I would pay it on a regular basis if the course was good enough. I played coyote point, it was 8 bucks a car load, but still 8 if you went alone, and I would pay this on a regular basis if I could. I'm sure that people would also pay $10 bucks a round to play Flip City on a regular basis. I just think it depends on the course.

Coyote Point is one that is easily worth the money, it's a fun, challenging course with really cool terrain and views. It really does depend on the course though, the couple I've played on ball golf courses weren't worth the $6-10 I payed to play, especially when that didn't include a cart. :D

I'd pay $10 for the 2 rounds of 9 - it's all downhill and definitely different than a typical course

I played the Bretton Woods NH course last yr for $10. and that was only for 9 holes slightly pricey but worth the experience.

tho even better would be hiking up Tuckerman's ravine and tossing some drives down that.

In MI, we have Metroparks that are $4 per car, or $20 for an annual pass.

2 of these Metroparks have courses...One has 24 Holes, the other has 2 seperate 24 holes courses...The Original and The Monster

I think $20 a year is worth it for 3 different 24 holes courses. Plus, the Metroparks have loads of great stretches of river for all sorts of stuff (fishing, kayaking, etc.) and a few of them have nice pools and playground for the kids, as well as other nature-centric activities.

and that was my PSA for the Metroparks of the Clinton-Huron Rivers!

I'd pay $10 for the 2 rounds of 9 - it's all downhill and definitely different than a typical course

I played the Bretton Woods NH course last yr for $10. and that was only for 9 holes slightly pricey but worth the experience.

tho even better would be hiking up Tuckerman's ravine and tossing some drives down that.

Tuckerman's. Camped there in February. -15 degrees without the wind chill. Wind was blowing 80mph at the summit. Sweet! Also got caught ice climbing in Huntington and had to spend the night hiking down from Alpine Garden. Luckily found Lionshead tr and made it down around 5:00am. I love that place!

I'd pay $10 a round if I had to, but fact is, I don't have to. So unless they can figure out how to do away with all the great free courses, they aren't getting my money.

sidenote:

NH has NOTHING for DG courses - so $10bux for a round if ur up in the Mtns for a weekend isnt bad if ur itching to play and you also happen to have your discs - nobody really goes up to the Mtns to play DG.

It'd be different story if there were free courses nearby.

You can always play some object golf. Just this past weekend a friend and I were out throwing in a park making our own holes aiming at different light post and such. Was pretty fun.