• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA gripes

I always thought it would be nice to allow current members to view everyone's stats but guess that would be ripe for abuse.

I get that. I can print out my confirmation and go forth to a tourney and not pay the extra $10.

But if they arent going to wait to take the money until its done, then why go about it this way. Im not sure they are not overwhelmed with the number of new/renewed members, so how hard would it be to track down an existing and click current once they have received my payment

Obviously this isnt a huge ordeal, but one would think (or at least I do) there is a much simpler process to get this done

Sometimes googling your name or PDGA number and PDGA will get you a direct link to your stats, even if you arent current.

So there is now the issue of molds not being re-certified, obvious weight issue, but something that has be a little 'erked

I renewed membership Friday early afternoon. After calling and leaving a voicemail this morning and submitting an email, I just called again to find out why I cant see my stats from previous tourneys/etc

I was informed that they only update once a week and its on Thursdays. So if anyone wants to be included for the most recent update they would have to do so by Monday I believe.

All things considered, I feel that for the money spent on new and renewing members, that this is something that should have a much higher turnover rate. Its not like they weight until it goes through to deduct the money from the account, but can have people wait up to a full week in order to gain access to something that they have already paid for

/gripe

WOW! so sad....you realize that they dont have a huge staff right? And as someone who runs an internet company, it is not a simple click of a button to make that happen and it takes some effort and a good amount of time. Plus consider the amount of people that start renewing in Jan/Feb. Too many people expect instant gratification, thats not how the world works.
This is a sad sad post and personally i would be embarrassed had I posted it.

Can't we just let this steaming pile of shame disappear on its own?

Having said that, as a web developer, I do agree with you that instant gratification shouldn't just be expected. I deal with people wanting the moon all day long. "Sure, let me snap my fingers and get you up and running."

WOW! so sad....you realize that they dont have a huge staff right?

as a professional organization, no. I didnt realize their staff could be counted on 2 hands.

I received a response to my email today, and at the bottom there was this:
Note: The PDGA website database is updated weekly on Wednesday
afternoon. You will appear as "current" at that time. Your PDGA
DISCussion Board privileges will also become functional at that time.

----------

This message has been sent by the automated PDGA membership system.

If any company can let you know shipping policies upon checkout/payment, why wouldnt this have been done with them? Im over it now; I received my 'answers' and new knowledge of the PDGA

as a professional organization, no. I didnt realize their staff could be counted on 2 hands.
PDGAstaff_2.preview.jpg

5 people I was wrong. *Note* Not sure how old pic is.
and whether or not its a "professional" org, doesn't have any bearing on how many staff members they need. I run a store that ships 20k+ packages a year and we do it all with 4 people. Then also consider there is what around 22k members at a time? what do you need more than 10 people for? your expectations are set way too high and need ot become way more realistic to the world. With all your emails and ranting how much of their time have you wasted for something so trivial?

If any company can let you know shipping policies upon checkout/payment, why wouldnt this have been done with them? Im over it now; I received my 'answers' and new knowledge of the PDGA
From the FAQ:
"The entire membership process should take 3-4 weeks. This time frame includes processing your membership, assigning your PDGA number and shipping your membership package. We ship using Business First Class. This rate generally takes 3-10 days once shipped. Thank you for your patience."
Patience is a virtue. Also, their old online store had that shipping info on it as well but it looks like they have updated the store and haven't finished filling everything out. Otherwise I would have linked that because they used to have a vague blurb about your "issue"

you seem much more distressed about the issue than myself. All the answers to my questions have already been posted..yet you keep coming back

i was wrong to think what I thought, and Im over it..maybe you should be too

Any chance I get to speak my mind to people like you I do. For 40 hours a week, every week, I have to deal with people like you with these crazy unrealistic expectations, who fantasize about what they do and don't see on the site, and then run their mouth about how awful I and "x" company are both to me and everywhere else they can.
Do you realize that people like you ruining the person your talking to entire day? Who is not at fault for your imagined issue, not did they make the policy causing your issue? And most likely that employee was actually working on something productive and has had to take an unwarranted amount of time to deal with something that shouldn't even be an issue. YOU and people like you are the problem. They probably can't do it more than once a week because they have to spend their day dealing with people like you.
I am sure you suffer from cognitive dissonance so there is no way that this could possible be remotely somewhat your fault. And you are in no way the "bad guy" in this situation. You probably have no ability to look at it unbiasedly and objectively so it is total waste of my time. Hopefully though some shred of you will take something away from my rant and realize that your expectations are way out of line and that you should be more realistic about how business works.

Any chance I get to speak my mind to people like you I do. For 40 hours a week, every week, I have to deal with people like you with these crazy unrealistic expectations, who fantasize about what they do and don't see on the site, and then run their mouth about how awful I and "x" company are both to me and everywhere else they can.
Do you realize that people like you ruining the person your talking to entire day? Who is not at fault for your imagined issue, not did they make the policy causing your issue? And most likely that employee was actually working on something productive and has had to take an unwarranted amount of time to deal with something that shouldn't even be an issue. YOU and people like you are the problem. They probably can't do it more than once a week because they have to spend their day dealing with people like you.
I am sure you suffer from cognitive dissonance so there is no way that this could possible be remotely somewhat your fault. And you are in no way the "bad guy" in this situation. You probably have no ability to look at it unbiasedly and objectively so it is total waste of my time. Hopefully though some shred of you will take something away from my rant and realize that your expectations are way out of line and that you should be more realistic about how business works.

Listen pal, I get it. Im sorry to hear you hate your job so much, but if you deal with it that often, then its a part of the job. So either get over that not everyone has the same mentality as you, or roll with it.

Normally when something is paid for online (at least in MY experiences) somewhere on THAT page, or a HOME page, something regarding shipping is available. This wasn't the case, thus 'assuming' it would be something that would happen much sooner, which was my mistake

For at least the 4th time now in this thread, I have said I am all happy and good since I have been provided with proper information.

There is a contact number available for a reason. My question was not needing an extraordinary amount of someones time, and more than likely isnt the only time they have had it asked. It didn't rack their brain and I highly doubt asking why my account wasn't active put a damper on their day, or did they spend their 'whole day' explaining the resolution to me. Its called customer service. I paid for a product and was curious about when I would be able to receive it; my curiosity has been filled.

I agree with blackandwhite. I renewed last thursday and still have a red x. Plus i was told by a td that the $10 i had paid for not being current maybe credited back when i renew. False. Apparently that is a one time only and for new members only. Why cant they credit the $10 you pay them each time you play a tourny you aren't current once you do renew?? :confused:

I don't know why everyone is so quick to jump on this guy's complaint. The PDGA would be idiots if they didn't listen to complaints like these, because for every person who voices something like this in a public forum, there are several who experience the same thing who don't comment on it, yet are bothered by it just the same.

This is a customer service issue. If a customer does not feel informed or satisfied, a company is best served by taking steps to prevent something like that happening again. Even if that person is being unreasonable. Why? Because many people, many customers are unreasonable. And you still want their business if you are a company.

Also: It should not be the customer's problem that a place is short-staffed. If I go to a restaurant, I do not want to hear about how the waitress is also the hostess and there is only one cook in the back. I want good service. Yes, I feel for the employees, but that is unprofessional and not good business.

Complaining on message boards is not how the PDGA will hear any complaints. It might help if they did but they don't patrol them.

Last edited:
Complaining on message boards is not how the PDGA will hear any complaints.

Well, that's their problem. This is a small community, and this is a forum that has a huge percentage of their constituency posting on it. That's about as good a focus group as you're going to get. Most successful businesses care what their customers think.

Also, it sounds like they guy voiced a complaint to the PDGA customer service person, in addition to posting it on here. Or am I wrong about that?

Complaining on message boards is not how the PDGA will hear any complaints. It might help if they did but they don't patrol them.

Do you keep a separation between the forums and the PDGA? I know you answer a lot of questions here as a sort of PDGA rep (nothing official). I've always wondered how much of our complaining made its way to officials' ears.

I'm an unofficial conduit. They would rather hear any feedback directly and not on the PDGA Discussion Board or any other boards for that matter. All of the PDGA staff, committees, State Coordinators and Board members can be directly contacted here: http://www.pdga.com/contact

Well, that's their problem. This is a small community, and this is a forum that has a huge percentage of their constituency posting on it. That's about as good a focus group as you're going to get. Most successful businesses care what their customers think.

Also, it sounds like they guy voiced a complaint to the PDGA customer service person, in addition to posting it on here. Or am I wrong about that?

I would hope they have more important things to do than monitor various message boards. Most of the complaints could be easily resolved by simply sending them an email or picking up the phone. Easier to whine about it on here though.

Latest posts