• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

Just found out the first version will have a fee. The free version will be available quite a bit later (mybe next year?).

oo this is exciting, thats for sure the most professional looking score card app yet, and it has weather features and course directions, i am in love.

Just found out the first version will have a fee. The free version will be available quite a bit later (mybe next year?).

That's disappointing. I would have certainly tried out the free version, and if I was happy with the performance and features I would have paid for the full version. Now I definitely won't buy it until I've heard that it works a whole lot better than PDGA's other digital endeavors.

^Yeah! And while your at it, sneak into a movie and walk out on a restaurant bill afterwards! Oh, look, you are not a supporting member of DGCR. *shocking*

PDGA App is available for $4.99. I purchased this morning and playing around with it i felt its well built. I noticed its version 1.0.2...so they lil bugs are already fixed.

The interface is quick and slick. I uses the build-in GPS to find courses near you. The scorecard allows you to start on any hole for ease during a shotgun start.

Supposedly you'll be able to get personal round ratings with the app. If this is true, that'd be pretty neat.

Direct link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disc-golf-pdga/id449511724?mt=8

Tournament ratings are the gold standard because they automatically incorporate weather factors and the specific course layout. The app does not take weather into account at this point. It will use one of the course lengths listed in the PDGA course directory. So if neither of those lengths matches what you played, the calculation will be less accurate. However, the app allows you to enter the correct course length you actually played if you happen to know it (which could be tricky to know on courses with lots of pin combos). The calculation does incorporate old tournament scoring data for the course to increase precision. The app ratings calculation is rounded to the nearest 10 points since it's a little less accurate than tournament results (i.e. you'll get a rating of 940 versus 942 or 950 versus 947).

Bought it! My home course information is wrong. Wrong amount of holes. I updated it on the pdga website, but it hasn't updated the app. If it doesn't auto-update the app, then this thing is useless to me unfortunately. I guess if I make a road trip sometime in my life it might be handy

Ahhh, just missed it. Had you updated your course yesterday, it would have caught it since they updated the app database last night. The plan is to have the app tap directly into the live PDGA Course Directory which we all would like. But they are in the middle of the Drupal 7 PDGA website upgrade and haven't made that direct connection yet. It's near the top of the IT priority list now that the app is released.

Bought it! My home course information is wrong. Wrong amount of holes. I updated it on the pdga website, but it hasn't updated the app. If it doesn't auto-update the app, then this thing is useless to me unfortunately. I guess if I make a road trip sometime in my life it might be handy
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile

Also handy for road trips :)

Rating question....

Bought the app this morning, put in some old round data to test it out.

Worked great, until I entered rounds from Tyler State Park. 27 hole course.

It is trying to tell me that even par on a 10514 ft layout is an 820 rated round.

Is it pulling data from 18 or 20 hole layouts there, even though I entered 27 holes, at 10,514 feet?

Last edited:

Latest posts