• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

When you say even par, do you mean all par 3s or using the actual pars listed for the holes? I just did it and got 930 for a score of 81 (27x3). That still seems a little low. I'll check on it to make sure the coder didn't slip up on calculations for courses with other than 18 holes.

When you say even par, do you mean all par 3s or using the actual pars listed for the holes? I just did it and got 930 for a score of 81 (27x3). That still seems a little low. I'll check on it to make sure the coder didn't slip up on calculations for courses with other than 18 holes.

I used the listed pars for the layout it was in, which is a 96 (according to Tyler SP). Many 4's and 5's.

Three'ing every hole there would be a smoking hot round, especially in the current layout (for Saturday's US Doubles event).

Thank you.

Last edited:
BradC
I used the listed pars for the layout it was in, which is a 96 (according to Tyler SP). Many 4's and 5's.
It's being checked out right now. Ironically, I tested a beta version of the app on a 27-hole layout in a tournament with no issues but it was before the ratings module was completed. Otherwise, I might have caught this issue. Thanks for letting us know.

My pal got this on his iphone for this morning's round. It is a great app. Easy scoring, gives teepad order, calc's pdga round ratings, stores players, rounds, can email rounds..just to name a few.

Need a DROID version, asap!!!!!

Easy Scorecard for Android is very cool, and does all those things, including ratings. Free version is great, or $2 version is even better.

While you wait for the pdga. Or whatever.

I have Easy Scorecard on my Droid phone and it currently has more course detail features than the PDGA app. However strictly for scoring, I need to get in some shade to barely see the B&W Easy Scorecard screen for entering scores even with my screen brightness maxed out. With the PDGA app on the iPod Touch, the brighter, colorful high contrast display and big scoring window can still be easily seen in the brightest outdoor light.

i just looked it up on iTunes and, other than it being 5 bucks:thmbdown:, it looks pretty awesome. my favorite feature has got to be that you can calculate your round rating right in the app :thmbup:to see how good, or bad, you did, and your progress. im gonna get this eventually.

@ BradC
The ratings formula missed a factor to adjust for courses that are not 18 holes. That is being fixed and a new version should be available for download on Friday or so to fix that and any other issues reported in the next two days. There's no problem in the current version with ratings produced for 18-hole courses.

In "My Courses" I cannot see the full name of course, for example I have
two courses in same park called "Kendall Indian Hammocks..." but it did
not show the rest of the name (it should show "East" and "West"). I had
to figure out the East or West (K1 or K2) by looking at course detail as
East has concrete teepad while West have natural dirt teepad. Please fix so the user can have ability to see full name of the course.

@ BradC
The ratings formula missed a factor to adjust for courses that are not 18 holes. That is being fixed and a new version should be available for download on Friday or so to fix that and any other issues reported in the next two days. There's no problem in the current version with ratings produced for 18-hole courses.

Excellent. Thank you for the quick work!!

I need to get in some shade to barely see the B&W Easy Scorecard screen for entering scores even with my screen brightness maxed out.

Interesting....I've never experienced that on my cheap-o HTC Aria, although I guess my main course is mostly in the trees/shade. I'm sure it varies some by phone.

Once they got me on the testing team, I've provided them lots of ideas for features to include in upgrades so they'll be busy for a while. One thing I thought might be cool is to take a snapshot of the wind speed from the local weather (which is in there if you have Internet) both before and after the round and factor that into the round rating calculation adjusting for how wooded the course is in terms of wind impact.

@ 811rv
Reported your issue regarding course name length. I agree with your issue needing some sort of fix. It's always tough in design figuring out how much space you need to allow for certain data elements since there's no cap on monster course names. I have this issue processing course names in TD reports. One quick fix for this and other databases where this comes up would be to revise the names in the Course Directory so the differentiating words are the beginning rather than the end such as: East Kendall Indian Hammocks DGC and West Kendall Indian Hammocks DGC

Oh, only issue i see right now is the course address info. At my local course in the "course location" section the only info you get is its located in south bend indiana.It has directions but if im from out of town it would still be kinda difficult. I would like to see the exact address so i can put it into my gps or the lat and long coordinates ,for traveling. Not a huge deal but it would make traveling a breeeze.

Man, was really excited for this app until I downloaded it and checked out some of my local courses. Hornet's Nest is listed as having 26 holes, when in reality it has 2 layouts of 18 holes. I don't understand how I'm supposed to keep score when the scorecard just goes from 1-26, and they are all par 3's, which neither layout is all par 3s. Same thing with Renny, 21 holes, all par 3s. I was interested to see how this app handled courses with multiple tees and layouts, as the apps I've used in the past had options for multiple tees, but you couldn't edit the par for each hole based on what tee you're playing. Looks like this is even a bigger issue with the PDGA app. Looks like I'm going to be custom creating all of the Charlotte area courses even though they are all in there, which I'd imagine will probably jack up the round rating stuff. Oh well.

Anyone know how to get a course added to the database? Handyman Ace Hardware course in Fairborn Ohio is not listed. It was just installed last November, but it a pro caliber course that I now consider to be my home course. With that said, I play it a lot but as of right now I couldnt use the PDGA app to keep score.