• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA questions....cont'd

threej21

Birdie Member
Well I went to update everyone in my previous thread as to my first year in the PDGA, but due to the thread being over 175 days old, it would not allow me to reply.

Thanks to those that helped me in that other thread, and here is the update I wanted to give yall:

Just thought I would update all you people that helped me along my way to tournaments.

I have played in 5 sanctioned tournaments so far this year, as well as an Ironman and an Icebowl.

In March, I played my first tournament at a VERY difficult course. It was the East Roswell Frisbee Trail, a C-Tier at East Roswell Park in Georgia. It had a unique layout in which all Adv players played Trophy Only and were carded with the Open players. First tourney nerves and tough course led to me not playing that well. Open and Adv were grouped together as far as overall scores, so I finished 46th out of 47 with two 860 rated rounds.

Then in early April I attended a B-Tier at Oregon Park in Marietta, GA. The Cobb County Open to be exact. I appropriately played in the Adv division and did quite well. Tied for first actually but lost in the playoff. I had played this course quite a bit more before the tournament than I had at East Roswell. Shot 3 great rounds, coming in at a 952, 974, and 941 as far as ratings. Was however very disappointed that I missed a 20 foot putt on the last hole to seal my victory.

Later in April I had the privledge of going to Haywood Valley for another B-Tier, The Eagle Eye Open. This course and tournament was AMAZING. Again I played in the Adv division. This course had hole lengths and difficulties like I had never seen before. Still managed to shoot three 900+ rated rounds with a 910, 928, and 901. Finishing in 10th place out of 18. The first round I had zero birdies and TWO eagles, that was kind of cool. I deuced a controversial par 4, and three'd a legit par 5. That was an awesome weekend spent with some great DG family.

In May, I played an A-Tier at JP Mosely Park in Stockbridge, GA. Hotlanta as it was called. This was pretty cool as I got to see some top pros in the likes of Will Schusterick, Jeremy Kolling, David Wiggins and such throw some serious bombs. Though they could not match our local pros as Matt Dollar took the victory. I played in Adv, though I wish I had played Open just to play alongside these guys. I had a not so great weekend and couldn't break the 900 mark in my round ratings. Shot a dismal 893, 877, and 893 and finished in 16th out of 19.

In June I played a C-Tier at Lenora Park in Lawrenceville, GA. The Red Barn Rip: The Sequel. I again played in the Adv division for this 2 round tournament. Shot okay, though I couldn't get my putting going all day. I did however score my first ever tournament ace on a 317 foot shot!! Was very stoked about that. Shot a 917 and 926 round ratings and finished in 6th place out of 16.

I had an AMAZING time at all these tournaments and have really found a home in the Atlanta DG community. It is a great group of people who come together and have a lot of fun. This month, on the 15th, I will be playing in an X-Tier event at a brand new course, Little Mulberry. No one will get the chance to throw on it until tee off at the tournament, so I am excited for that as it should be a lot of fun as well. Just for fun and to join my mates, I signed up for Open division for that tournament. Then in August I am signed up for the GA Disc Golf Championships in Toccoa. September I am in the Lake Russel Invitational at Lake Russel, and October in the Zip Line Open at North GA Canopy Tours aka Lula. I am sure I will find a good few more tournaments to play this year and am looking forward to the rest of my first year in PDGA.

thanks again to those that help me figure out the details and where to play.

You could have clicked on the icon down below stating that you knew the thread was old and want to post anyways.

Sounds like you are having fun and shooting great threej.
Good luck in the future and maybe we'll run into each sometime!

Latest posts