• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Renewal Question

The answer is no. They don't send rule books to renewing members unless there is a new edition of the book, in which case they send a new one to every member.

The list of "stuff" sent to each member upon joining or renewing is listed at the online registration portal. http://www.pdga.com/membership

I renewed in October and in my email receipt it said this...

Order Notes: Card Only - Extending to 2015

Does this mean no renewal tag? That's half the reason I renew, really :p

I renewed in October and in my email receipt it said this...

Order Notes: Card Only - Extending to 2015

Does this mean no renewal tag? That's half the reason I renew, really :p

For early renewals between October and January, we send you your card first and then the rest of your 2015 membership package in early 2015.

I'm so glad I get a useless magazine instead of a rule book every year ... really drives the point home that disc golfers don't play by the rules.

I renewed in early December, received my confirmation email, and nothing since. No emails, no card, no tag, nothing.

I would suspect that rulebooks, renewal tags, etc. are generally sent out in batches.

The thing is, if you're really hankering to get a rulebook you can buy one from most online DG stores for about $3-4, or download the PDF to your phone/tablet for free.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for a new member to get their package? I signed up on Jan. 2 and it says 2-4 weeks. I am moving cross-country on Feb 15 (which is 6+ weeks). Should I worry about it not getting here by then?

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for a new member to get their package? I signed up on Jan. 2 and it says 2-4 weeks. I am moving cross-country on Feb 15 (which is 6+ weeks). Should I worry about it not getting here by then?

No.

If they say 2-4 weeks, why question it? If it reaches the 5 week mark and you haven't gotten your stuff, contact the PDGA office and inquire.

Any complaints (and by the same token, praise) about past years are kinda moot now because the membership stuff is handled internally rather than through a clearing house as before.

I'm so glad I get a useless magazine instead of a rule book every year ... really drives the point home that disc golfers don't play by the rules.

Hmmm.....I'm much happier with the useless magazine and to get a new rule book when changes occur. I don't really need a new rule book every year, when nothing changes. Most disc golfers I know play by the rules. :)

Hmmm.....I'm much happier with the useless magazine and to get a new rule book when changes occur. I don't really need a new rule book every year, when nothing changes. Most disc golfers I know play by the rules. :)

Yep ... I can check out who won the USDGC this year while someone counts a wedgie because they don't believe that's a rule.

I actually carry mine with me, so it barely lasts a year.

I know when I signed up they were willing to do stuff within the calendar year, I think I did it in August and had a round in February they counted.

Latest posts