• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA site down?

anarak82

Birdie Member
Is pdga's website down for everyone else? this weekend I was having trouble connecting to the pdga tour page and the message boards, and now the entire site is not even loading for me. My only guess is that they're making the switch to the new platform, and something's buggin with my computers.

yea i was trying to check on some tourneys and its not allowing me to.

They are supposed to upgrade that site. They are going to have down times as they do that. I'd expect it to go down from time to time until the update is complete.

Just talked with PDGA HQ and it's the hosting company for PDGA.com that's having the problems. Their email is also down. Gentry has already left to help with USDGC scoring so the site being down has nothing to do with the website upgrades. So, the site could return at any time when the host gets the problem figured out.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Just talked with PDGA HQ and it's the hosting company for PDGA.com that's having the problems. Their email is also down. Gentry has already left to help with USDGC scoring so the site being down has nothing to do with the website upgrades. So, the site could return at any time when the host gets the problem figured out.

Thank you Chuck!

Latest update is that the PDGA server itself had a hardware problem and the hosting service is working on it. Hopefully it will be up by tonight so we can see coverage for the USDGC starting tomorrow.

I really think the PDGA needs to contract someone who woud be responsible for website maintenance and upgrades, database administration, and dealing with hosting companies. I too thought that maybe it was down because of the upgrade, but to find out it's a hosting server problem is so disappointing. The site has got to be one of the most sketchy websites I visit. I honestly feel lucky if I go and view tournament results without having some sort of technical problem.

I hope that the new website comes with new staff who can maintain it. I know it sounds like I'm a total bitch, but I also run a disc golf website, which is 90% smaller than PDGA.com, but in over a year I have never had a day when it was down. Am I paying a little extra for a decent host? Maybe, but it's still only $6.99 a month for me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this is day 4 of PDGA.com being down.

As I understand it, the PDGA buys the hardware and the server is hosted by a professional 24 hour staff at the host site. If the hardware you own goes down, then they fix it. But your uptime is based on the hardware you own not breaking. Not sure anyone can prevent crashed hard drives if that's what it is. Although I would agree that as more PDGA data and tranactions go online, having a reliable backup process that involves mirroring some functions as needed might be worthwhile.

I hope it will be back up in time for live scoring for the USDGC. It's crappy timing for my case because I played a B-tier this weekend and I would like to see my round ratings. :?

Pretty much absolutely the worst timing EVER to do this as a PDGA Major is gearing up and I, likely along with countless hundreds, are going to let the PDGA know about it as soon as its back up.

Yes it is, for example the ratings detail and ratings history just give a "Player not listed. Please try again." -message.

Also, the Tour Calendar page is locked on October and you can't see results in any prior month.

disctribution said:
I really think the PDGA needs to contract someone who woud be responsible for website maintenance and upgrades, database administration, and dealing with hosting companies. I too thought that maybe it was down because of the upgrade, but to find out it's a hosting server problem is so disappointing. The site has got to be one of the most sketchy websites I visit. I honestly feel lucky if I go and view tournament results without having some sort of technical problem.

I hope that the new website comes with new staff who can maintain it. I know it sounds like I'm a total bitch, but I also run a disc golf website, which is 90% smaller than PDGA.com, but in over a year I have never had a day when it was down. Am I paying a little extra for a decent host? Maybe, but it's still only $6.99 a month for me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this is day 4 of PDGA.com being down.

I do agree that it is insane that a hardware problem can take 4 days to fix since in theory they should just be able to swap out the broken hardware and restore a backup of the website. The fact that is taking 4 days is crazy.

I have to disagree with quality web hosting costing $7 a month. Any website of any decent size is not going to be able to work with hosting that cheap. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

I am not saying that $7 web hosting is not good, heck my personal website is on $5 a month hosting. I just don't think $7 a month hosting is what you want for a professional website that probably gets a ton of hits a day.