• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I have receipts:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3845478&postcount=628
Right from the start I was clear that I was referring to how people responded to the use of the word "primate" in the sense it meant in the 1800s. So...

To be completely clear:
I promise you, my heart rate right now is lower than your resting heart rate. Hell, were it elevated - it'd still be lower than your resting heart rate.

So far - all you've been is wrong. Just over... and over... and over. You were wrong about the appropriate interpretation of the use of the word "Homo" in taxonomy, you were wrong about the fact that I from the absolute beginning was clear that I was referring to the interpretation of the term "Primate" in the 18th century. You were wrong about the fact that I said that "cis-" should be used as a prefix simply "because it is scientifically accurate."

You inject your own phrasing into things other people say to make it easier to argue against them, and you lie about what they have said so that you don't have to come to terms with the fact that you aren't paying any attention to what is being said.

You're a bad troll.

A post I made over in the politics subforum about Russell Brand is pretty applicable to you:

Honestly, I'd be HAPPY if you were competent at typing up search strings. It's the advice I give to people like you. "At least type something into google before you spout off something that's just objectively wrong". You'd probably get some stuff right even if you had to have someone else explain the wikipedia entry to you instead of doing your best Trump impression of "guys, my heart rate is so low, it's the lowest, i don't think anyone has ever had a heart rate as low as mine am I right?"

I'm also positive you don't want to compare educational accomplishments. Your degree from Trump University isn't going to count for much even though you do one HECK of an impersonation.

Don't worry, nobody thinks you were trolling when you were openly fantasizing about how young you hoped I might be and then proceeded to cyber stalk me online. It must make you absolutely...moist.

Just more interwebz trolling 101. Nothing germane to that conversation, nor any in this thread. Much like the conversation fabrication with Woj, this nonsense is more of the same. Fiction to win the internet.

Honestly, I'd be HAPPY if you were competent at typing up search strings. It's the advice I give to people like you. "At least type something into google before you spout off something that's just objectively wrong". You'd probably get some stuff right even if you had to have someone else explain the wikipedia entry to you instead of doing your best Trump impression of "guys, my heart rate is so low, it's the lowest, i don't think anyone has ever had a heart rate as low as mine am I right?"

I'm also positive you don't want to compare educational accomplishments. Your degree from Trump University isn't going to count for much even though you do one HECK of an impersonation.
Let me know when you complete your doctorate. My credentials are out there. Feel free to show off how good you are at google search strings.

So far - all you've been is wrong. Just over... and over... and over. You were wrong about the appropriate interpretation of the use of the word "Homo" in taxonomy, you were wrong about the fact that I from the absolute beginning was clear that I was referring to the interpretation of the term "Primate" in the 18th century. You were wrong about the fact that I said that "cis-" should be used as a prefix simply "because it is scientifically accurate."

You inject your own phrasing into things other people say to make it easier to argue against them, and you lie about what they have said so that you don't have to come to terms with the fact that you aren't paying any attention to what is being said.

You're a bad troll.

Let me know when you complete your doctorate. My credentials are out there. Feel free to show off how good you are at google search strings.

You're a bad troll.

Lol, more Trump-ian statements "guys, I'm really important, ummm just look me up guys, no I'm not going to provide any proof for what I say...umm just look me up". Weird, I've never met anyone with any reputable degree who was afraid to provide proof.

Unfortunately now you're just repeating yourself, over and over, like you can't think of anything else to meet your word count requirement in your 9th grade English class so you just copy & paste the same couple of paragraphs in hopes your teacher won't read it.

I'll let you off the hook and just block your commentary...it was fun watching you backtrack searching for an exit when you were proven wrong...but now it's like 20 minutes in to a Trump speech and what started as funny is starting to grow...sad.

Lol, more Trump-ian statements "guys, I'm really important, ummm just look me up guys, no I'm not going to provide any proof for what I say...umm just look me up". Weird, I've never met anyone with any reputable degree who was afraid to provide proof.

Unfortunately now you're just repeating yourself, over and over, like you can't think of anything else to meet your word count requirement in your 9th grade English class so you just copy & paste the same couple of paragraphs in hopes your teacher won't read it.

I'll let you off the hook and just block your commentary...it was fun watching you backtrack searching for an exit when you were proven wrong...but now it's like 20 minutes in to a Trump speech and what started as funny is starting to grow...sad.
Let me know when you complete your doctorate. My credentials are out there. Feel free to show off how good you are at google search strings. ****, wait, that reminds me, I gotta add another line to what I said below...

So far - all you've been is wrong. Just over... and over... and over. You were wrong about the appropriate interpretation of the use of the word "Homo" in taxonomy, you were wrong about the fact that I from the absolute beginning was clear that I was referring to the interpretation of the term "Primate" in the 18th century. You were wrong about the fact that I said that "cis-" should be used as a prefix simply "because it is scientifically accurate." And finally, You were wrong when you said I didn't want to compare academic records. (to be clear: my identity is in my profile, and everyone who has engaged with me regularly here knows my background, I don't need to do your work for you, though I'm sure thats how you do tend to get by out in the world and I am sorry to deprive you of that)

You're a bad troll.

Fun exercise, go call a black man a primate and a cis male...see if they think they are the same level of offensive.

EDIT: Point being that generally speaking, claiming "it is scientifically accurate" has historically been a terrible way of justifying any use of labels or descriptions. I can't imagine being offended by "cisgender male", but the logic of "scientific/academic accuracy" has historically been pretty atrocious at justifying offensive things.

Your mom is a vertebrate.

His purpose is clear. Pay lip-service to being in favor of inclusion, and then any time someone is strongly in favor of inclusion he goes out of his way to pull quotes out of context and outright make things up in an effort to slander them as strongly as he can.

F42wevM.jpeg

I'm thinking an etymological debate should be in another category in these forums. I'm just not sure which one.

I'm thinking an etymological debate should be in another category in these forums. I'm just not sure which one.

This thread went off the rails awhile ago. Landfilling the whole thing seems appropriate.

Don't worry, nobody thinks you were trolling when you were openly fantasizing about how young you hoped I might be and then proceeded to cyber stalk me online. It must make you absolutely...moist.

Between this and your hopeful "gotcha" moment concerning some hypothetical black guy, I've got to say:

You are an incredible weirdo.

Fun exercise, go call a black man a primate and a cis male...see if they think they are the same level of offensive.

Definitions of implicit bias, lol. Well.....maybe I give him too much credit.

Why do you bring fear into everything? I can just as easily say don't be afraid of people who don't like the term. Where does that get us. You seem to want to escalate things by bringing emotion into it rather than trying to have a level headed conversation.

Yes, logic makes zero sense. For Ginger to say she refers to herself as a woman, but labels others as cis- is disingenuous. If she allows herself to call herself a woman, then she needs to respect that others do not wish to be labeled cis-anything. Easy Peasy. If she calls herself a woman, then she needs to respect that I myself a man. Not a cisman, not cisgender, not anything other than a man. She is using the same tactics that she is fighting against, no bueno. I don't care if she is on the PDGA board or not, that does not make her an authority. Even though I do respect her knowledge and advocacy. But she is not unbiased by any means.

I have to agree. I will respect what anyone wants to be referred to as. But the same respect should go the other way also. Don't demand respect earn it.

Not defending him on this but I absolutely hate trump and im not making the connection. Maybe im just a dumb libertarian.

Good to see an agreement is being reached there.

Let's see if we can all extend that courtesy to the group that is still at harm and is still marginalised, the ones we were originally talking about: transgender women.
Let's, as of now, no longer refer to transgender women as "men", "biological men," or "naturally born men"

Status
Not open for further replies.