• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

It looks like a Max or Monster. Which IMO are good discs that don't get much play. Maybe an Anhyzer top Max? That bevel in the wing in that pic makes me think maybe.

I'm really wondering where this will fit with Discmania already having quite a few stable/OS drivers like the PD, DD, FD3 and PD2 :confused:

The anhyzer topped wraith already exists, its the DD

Oh, okay, I didn't realize that, thanks for the info! My understanding is that the anhyzer top generally makes the wing it is attached to a little less stable than it would be with a "normal" top (as in the PD is less stable than a Firebird). However, the DD seems like a fairly stable distance driver, more stable than the Wraith, so maybe this is not always true. I'm among the minority that don't really like PDs or the anhyzer top in general though, so I've never tried a DD and my assumptions may be completely wrong.

Monsters come in an x or l mold, maybe innova is letting one go and it's getting the anhyzer top slapped on it?

Good intentional angle on that pic to make it tough to distinguish the shape.

So a monster with anhyzer top sounds weird/cool. But when they mentioned in between pd and 2, they talking stability or speed or both?

This release doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, I think a speed 12 slightly understable driver would sell more in the long run. Something for the sub 400 throwers, which is the vast majority of golfers.

Not all companies have to pander to the lowest common denominator for everything.
-"The perfect do-it-all disc, reliable in a tailwind or headwind, holds any line you put it on, excellent for beginners and professionals alike!"

I prefer the Discmania way.
-"This disc is for advanced players."

*not real quotes

Last edited:
Well when you have Simon Lizotte and Eagle MacMahon on the team, you need some real beef.

That's a fair point but I thought the FD3 was supposed to be the Discmania Firebird. Not sure if it's not overstable enough or what and if it isn't, I'm wondering why didn't they make it more OS.

Not all companies have to pander to the lowest common denominator for everything.
-"The perfect do-it-all disc, reliable in a tailwind or headwind, holds any line you put it on, excellent for beginners and professionals alike!"

I prefer the Discmania way.
-"This disc is for advanced players."

*not real quotes

:clap::clap::clap:

Eagle's metal flake max replacement?

I like the idea of a anhyzer topped X mold monster. The "profile" pic bears some resemblance to that. But at that angle it bears some resemblance to just about anything you want it to look like.

The FD3 is nice. Do you really need another very overstable driver between the FD3 and the PD2? I guess I can see a gap there, not that I really fill that slot in my bag per se.

That's a fair point but I thought the FD3 was supposed to be the Discmania Firebird. Not sure if it's not overstable enough or what and if it isn't, I'm wondering why didn't they make it more OS.

never thrown one but I didn't think the FD3 was as fast as a Firebird?

never thrown one but I didn't think the FD3 was as fast as a Firebird?

If I remember correctly, the FD3 is listed as a speed 9 and has a 2.0cm rim whereas the Firebird has a 1.9 rim. You might be mixing it up with the FD2, which is a speed 7 disc.

FD3 is a nice speed 9 OS utility disc, much more OS than the speed 10 PD. I only have them in C-Line, but they are VERY different monsters. The PD is a driver, the FD3 is a solid straight to OS flying fairway with a crazy hyzer finish. PD has glide, FD3 has fade. In comparison, the PD2 is crazy overstable, but doesn't like to go far unless you give it SIGNIFICANT anhyzer to fight against.

I would love for the PDx to be between the meathook PD2 and the PD. Hopefully a longer PD with strong stability.

FD3 is a nice speed 9 OS utility disc, much more OS than the speed 10 PD. I only have them in C-Line, but they are VERY different monsters. The PD is a driver, the FD3 is a solid straight to OS flying fairway with a crazy hyzer finish. PD has glide, FD3 has fade. In comparison, the PD2 is crazy overstable, but doesn't like to go far unless you give it SIGNIFICANT anhyzer to fight against.

I would love for the PDx to be between the meathook PD2 and the PD. Hopefully a longer PD with strong stability.

Yeah I think the PD-2 C-lines are and some S-Lines. Though the S-Lines are good for people with 500+ foot of power as I seen one travel about 550 once into the wind. P-Lines are generally flippy though, even for me.

Do we have any idea what molds parts the FD3 uses? From the PDGA specs, it looks like the FD3 could easily be the anhyzer top (or probably some other Discmania-specific less overstable top) with a Monster wing already. That would make a lot of sense to me given the flight paths and specs on those 2 discs. They both have the same diameter and rim width.

If this disc is a metal flake Max replacement for Eagle, then I guess you can count me out. I just don't need anything with that level of beef. I can see why they would want to make it for him though, especially as a signature disc since he talks about how much he loves that MF Max all the time.

Do we have any idea what molds parts the FD3 uses? From the PDGA specs, it looks like the FD3 could easily be the anhyzer top (or probably some other Discmania-specific less overstable top) with a Monster wing already. That would make a lot of sense to me given the flight paths and specs on those 2 discs. They both have the same diameter and rim width.

If this disc is a metal flake Max replacement for Eagle, then I guess you can count me out. I just don't need anything with that level of beef. I can see why they would want to make it for him though, especially as a signature disc since he talks about how much he loves that MF Max all the time.

What you mentioned about Eagle makes sense. They did the same kind of thing with Simon to get him all Discmania with the FD3 to replace his FBs. With Eagle gaining popularity why would Jessi not want him in an all Discmania bag?

If I think of it when I get home I can compare many of the molds you're asking about. I've got a firebird, fd3, and a monster at the house.

I throw the FD3, and I honestly think its just a domey firebird. But I could def be wrong.

If I think of it when I get home I can compare many of the molds you're asking about. I've got a firebird, fd3, and a monster at the house.

I throw the FD3, and I honestly think its just a domey firebird. But I could def be wrong.

Nice! I'll be curious what you find. :thmbup:

Latest posts