• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Personally Most Sought After Disc

my best Sidewinder was an X-Out yellow 150g champion version, got any? Or black 173-175g Softie 86 putters, got any?

Old pro wraiths. I just realized recently how much I like them. This summer I picked up a used beat to snot one and it had an awesome flight. A flight I could never get out of a star no matter how beat. Lost it and found anothe with the same result. Also found a newish old pro. I can't wait for warmer weather to let it fly.

Edit: I think I just really like the old Pfn pro plastic. Next time I see something I might throw in a used bin in the plastic I'm going to grab it and see if the love extends past wraiths.

Flat top Glow Roc circa 2008 or so. It would have to be pancake flat though.

Personally, I would LOVE to get my hands on an old 2001 USDGC CE Roc.
I've seen them being thrown, but not lately.
Who would throw a $250 disc? Well it turns out, more than you would think.

decently flat, non plus mold XD's are getting hard to find and I love them. I have lots of back ups for everything else but XD's are tough

Definitely the first discs that I started playing golf with, and lost over time. DX Leopard, DX Shark and DX Avaiar. They are irreplaceable. I swear if I had them, I would have them framed, and mounted over my fireplace mantel (if I had a fireplace mantel).

I am in a "white whale" search for a particular USDGC Roc.
2010 Ontario "thunderbird" #500/500 only one Ontario that year, a true one of one...

People definitely go nuts for 1st run Star Destroyers and CFR Augusta Wraiths.

31283370445_5eb9942965.jpg

Mmmm, buttery. Too heavy for me, lives in a box. :|

My hardest to find disc is a 1st run Star Wedge. Wish I had bought more than one when they were released...

They only ran 1,200 Protos, one of the lowest runs of protos ever by Innova.
I bought two, sold one, other one is perma bagged.

I can't say no to a swirly star tee-rex. I don't even throw them anymore, but if I see it I buy it.

One of the first swirly Star discs Innova ran, great to stare at.

30461540364_2844c7c544.jpg

Personally, I would LOVE to get my hands on an old 2001 USDGC CE Roc.
I've seen them being thrown, but not lately.
Who would throw a $250 disc? Well it turns out, more than you would think.

I bag and throw a Chunk VP, worth much more than $250.00.

Black Star anything is cool, cant throw it because it disappears, but fun to own.
I still would like a fresh Night Shift Destroyer.

Forgot about the Warhol Buzzz, which is cool, also, Discraft made full color discs for the Memorial in 2008, which featured a picture of a basket covered in ice. Saw it at Spinners, shoulda bought a couple, now I never see them. :doh:

31283370445_5eb9942965.jpg

Mmmm, buttery. Too heavy for me, lives in a box. :|

They only ran 1,200 Protos, one of the lowest runs of protos ever by Innova.
I bought two, sold one, other one is perma bagged.

One of the first swirly Star discs Innova ran, great to stare at.

30461540364_2844c7c544.jpg

I bag and throw a Chunk VP, worth much more than $250.00.

Black Star anything is cool, cant throw it because it disappears, but fun to own.
I still would like a fresh Night Shift Destroyer.

I'd take that *DS off your hands if you were looking to re-home him. :|

Flat top Glow Roc circa 2008 or so. It would have to be pancake flat though.
Got one in my bag right now. Worked very well yesterday at Fairfield. ;)

Champ SLs. I love them and will pay a little extra to get them. But no single disc would ever make me drop like $40+. So I usually find someone willing to sell who tries to gorge me and then I lowball them... Which pisses both of us off and no SL for me.
Same here, one of my favorite drivers. Just started testing out a brand spankin new (to me) pink swirly Star SL. Got a few Champ SL's in the top row hanging on my wall...

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 55
1) The old Pearly Champ Wraiths. Opaque. Very hard to find anywhere and people want me to pay a premium. I had a pair that were my go to long in the woods discs and have just never come across another wraith mold that compared.

2) Pearly flat top Champ Panther. I had 2 grass green ones and I'm down to 1 now.

10x KCPro Eagle. Off-white with gold stamp as pictured. It was the first disc I ever bought, years before I actually got interested in disc golf. Unfortunately I sold it in the marketplace while in college to buy other discs. Always on the hunt for a like replacement...

I tried to make a deal with a guy for a pre Avery Destroyer, but it was his wind fighter and I am always trying to make deals for 3 line AJ Destroyers (depending on the color). Nobody ever wants to get rid of them though.

Everything else I bag isn't really hard to find if I need to replace them.

It would be star xd's for me. The few times i've spotted people throwing them I don't even bother asking if they would sell. Luckily I have a nice stash thanks to alot of guys on this site.

10x KCPro Eagle. Off-white with gold stamp as pictured. It was the first disc I ever bought, years before I actually got interested in disc golf. Unfortunately I sold it in the marketplace while in college to buy other discs. Always on the hunt for a like replacement...

I just lost one at home somewhere in the leaves off hole 16. Be a while before I find it once it starts snowing :(

Latest posts