• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Personally Most Sought After Disc

Champ SLs. I love them and will pay a little extra to get them. But no single disc would ever make me drop like $40+. So I usually find someone willing to sell who tries to gorge me and then I lowball them... Which pisses both of us off and no SL for me.

Hey, can't turn down the free meal, though.

I had a champ SL with a team stamp and gave it to a younger player that had just split his favorite pro Star fire (sl) on a tree hit. I've been trying to trade him back out of it for a couple of years, now. Lol

I like a lot of old Innova plastic. I try to only throw easily replaceable discs though. The only "collector discs" I can bring myself to throw now are 3rd run PDs & 11x Champion Teebirds. So if I can get one at a decent price I'll snatch it up. I can't bring myself to buy a collectible discs I won't throw anymore. Though I used to buy a lot of CE Leopards, Firebirds & Teebirds. I save the space on my wall for tournament trophies now. Besides 11x Teebirds/3rd run C-PDs I've been really enjoying throwing Color Glow Champion BB Aviars. I have 5 of them right now (one in my bag). They aren't OOP but there aren't in regular production (CFR only). So if I see someone throwing one I will offer them cash for it.

Gummy champ Spiders - like bend in half gummy. I think Hatchet Harry has them all.

I actually have a Z Stratus, and don't know anyone else that has even seen one.
Can't bring myself to throw it, but now that I've gained a little distance...
I would looooove to have one to throw...or just another to keep it company.

Interesting question by the OP. My friend has a beautiful 11x KC Teebird that she dyed and started throwing without realizing what it was. Still wouldn't let it go though. I regularly bag 11x Gazelles and an 11x Champ Teebird. Don't really know what I'll do once that 'Bird loses its flavor though. It's perfectly seasoned right now. Current runs just aren't the same.

I have this flat, beat, warped, and gummy 172 dx Rancho Classic Roc I love. This single disc could technically replace my mids and putters and leave me with just driver slots to fill. So I tried to get a backup and the only place I could find selling Classic Rocs was the factory store. I ordered three dx and two star to stock up, but I was disappointed in the result. The star were san marino mold, domey, and on both discs somehow the dome was higher on one side. I'd never seen a lopsided dome before. And very slippery star plastic. So my particular classic roc remains irreplacable.

I actually have a Z Stratus, and don't know anyone else that has even seen one.
Can't bring myself to throw it, but now that I've gained a little distance...
I would looooove to have one to throw...or just another to keep it company.

I've been throwing the X Stratus for years, and I've never seen a Z, or ever even heard of one. I've also wondered why they don't offer them in ESP.

There was a run of the ESP Stratus in black for PDGA new member discs. Not sure I've heard of another run in more visible colors though. The new Archer (this year's Ace Race disc) is supposedly similar to a premium plastic Status though. Might be worth looking into for you...

Thanks, tbird, I'll keep an eye out for those. (The Archer that is, I don't do black discs)

Not too long into my disc life I started throwing a lightweight pfn champ Banshee. That was easily one of the best discs I have ever had. It's long gone, and every current Banshee I have found just doesn't feel the same (maybe mold, maybe me).

Black PDGA discs are not really an option for me on a wooded course. I threw the black ESP PDGA Stratus for a few years, but gave it up due to nerves.
I don't like to stress about losing a disc every time I throw it, so I only throw bright discs that I can easily replace.

As far as the Archer, yes, it is somewhat like a more stable Stratus, but it's more like a Storm in that regard.

Still would love to have a bright, durable Stratus.

I've got a buddy that has been putting with a first run ion for years. :eek:

Puddle topped SB/SSS/OG/$$$ Wizards. I have probably 30 wizards, and only 1 that matches my true desire.

Being from Minnesota, and a U of M grad, I'd love to have an Innova Gopher to hang on my wall.

Got one in my bag right now. Worked very well yesterday at Fairfield. ;)
Same here, one of my favorite drivers. Just started testing out a brand spankin new (to me) pink swirly Star SL. Got a few Champ SL's in the top row hanging on my wall...

Love the TV backdrop!

Latest posts