• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix Custom Bags

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Anybody use a Phenix bag? I think it's cool you can customize the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not replacing my Kong anytime soon and if the day ever comes that I need a new bag I'm still going to Gorilla Boy.

Man, that is pretty cool. You could make one wild looking bag with that feature.

Wow nefty idea. I just got a new bag and like it but this is a great idea. I hope Innova jumps on this bandwagon soon because having a custom bag is much cooler.

They are crazy, my Rev bag didnt cost that much, and I wouldnt trade it for that.

I got one of these, it says 4-6 weeks till delivery. Hopefully they just like to give themselves some comfort room. How long did it take to get these bags for anybody? I'm trying to figure out what time I should be getting impatient.

I ordered a custom bag last year and it was all of about 6 weeks if I remember right.

BD, just forget you ordered it, it is really hard to wait for..

What it looked like when I ordered it:
26232_g.jpg

Here it is, fully dressed. Great bag BTW, fits a sixer (with cardboard) perfectly in one of the main compartments. I am very happy with my purchase.

43490_g.jpg

I was sponsored by Revolution for a few years. Bags were cheap, 1/2 price or free. The Revolution bags are a great product that raised the bar for all disc golf bags. I now carry the Phenix bag with the duraliner bottom. It's the best bag i've ever had. I've already made some modifications that make it even better.

Oh yeah, what kind of mods did you make if you don't mind me asking?

thats really cool i was bored so i built a bag and man did it look sweet....too bad i dont have about $150 to drop on a bag right now otherwise it would be mine

Great thread, I was just looking for a bag and Phenix is at the top of my list. The liner is one of the greatest features IMO.

Can anyone else chime in on how much they love their Phenix Core?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, what kind of mods did you make if you don't mind me asking?

I changed the strap position because the original location was doing some damage to the bag. If you are using Quad Shocks the lower straps connect to a seam at the water bottle. It actually pulled the seam apart.

I went to HomeDepot and got some a 1/2" grommet kit and put them on the back of the bag near the velcro line. The rain flap is slightly challenged but I never really sealed it all around. It still works great and with a little strap adjustment it rides higher and feels much more comfortable.

Of course there is now a cause and effect reaction. Because I now carry my bag a little higher the shirts I wear for golfing are starting to get some accelerated wear due to the rough liner coating. Fortunately for me golf shirts are free.

Latest posts