• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix Quad Shocks vs. Innova Backpack Strap

phishbrained

Par Member
I am looking at straps for my bag, and I have only heard good things about the Phenix Quad Shocks and have seen them on many players' bags, but I was wondering if the considerably cheaper Innova strap with a similar design is just as good. I have only seen the Innova strap online and the only thing I possibly see wrong with it is weak clips. However, I have heard that the quad shocks are considerably more comfortable and durable. Which strap do you prefer?

Last edited:
My old style Innova straps fell apart in no time so I replaced them with the Phenix straps which are way more comfortable.

the innova straps were just recently remade so they are more durable but phenix is much more popular.

Tis true from what I hear in the DG community. Supposedly the stitching has been reinforced. My buddy has the phenix quad shocks. I think there is a little more patting where the straps rest on the center of your upper back just below your neck. Other than that everything seems to be comparable between the two. I wish the innova straps had the metal clips, but the plastic ones seem pretty durable. I've had my innova straps for only a little over 4 mos and play DG just about every weekend. So far so good. If money is not an object I would probably go for the Phenix QS, but by all means I don't think you would be settling for lesser quality if you went with the Innova straps.

I have the Innova Back straps for over 6 months and I play 5+ times a week and haven't had a problem yet. I like them and would recommend them to anyone.

I have heard the same thing as well. I went with the less expensive Innova Straps, and I am happy with them. I have them attached to the Fade Crunchbox Dude bag. I play 2-3x a week and they have been great. I have only had them a short time.. but they seem to be doing well.

I found the Phenix straps much more comfortable after trying each for a round. Now that I've had them a while, I absolutely love them, and am much happier with them than a friend of mine who went with the Innova straps.

I am a big Innova supporter but I have to recommend the Phenix Quad Shocks. I blew out two sets of the Innova Back Savers before I made the switch to Phenix. I thought the first set was just a freak defect, but had the same problems with plastic clips breaking and stitching coming undone on the second set as well. I am very impressed with the quality, comfort and durability of the Phenix Quad Shocks. I will stick to Innova when it comes to my discs.

I am a big Innova fan for discs, but I think I'm going to go with the Phenix Quad Shocks just because they are a bit more durable and I play at least one round a day now. I'm thinking about getting Fade Crunch box for my daily rounds as my Innova starter bag is falling apart rapidly and maybe a larger tourney bag when I collect a few more discs. (I'm at about 15 but I only use 8-10 of them for my local course rounds.) Thanks for all the help guys.

(Oh yea, I have no intension of putting the quad shocks on the starter bag, if you read both my posts it might sound like I'm trying to. I know not to try rigging $40 straps on a falling apart $10 starter bag.)

Last edited:
I have the Innova straps and my friend has the Phenix Straps. They are really similar looking and they both have nice padding. Of course the Phenix straps has the shocks, but if you aren't carrying over 15 discs, I don't think that the shocks are all that useful.

i have the Phenix Quads and like the **** outta them, my only complaint is that when i play i normally wear sleeve less shirts and that material rubs on my underarms and shoulders....but thats something i need to change not them...thats my only beef

I got the Innova straps when I picked up my competition bag and I have loved them about 2 months ago. I play between 3-4 times a week and they have held up beautifully.

I had the similar dilemma but decided to go with the Phenix's. Heard nothing but good things and if you got the extra cash, go with them.

it looks like a 2 year old was given a picture and told to color it. the only one that looks good is the black hole and that costs twice as much.

Come on now... The "Dude wheres my Bag?" That calls to every persons inner redneck. Now if I can find a way to integrate NASCAR on my bag.

Latest posts