• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Philo Style 5 Molds

I think the OPs idea (stick to one manufacturer) was derailed, but the last tourney I played got me thinking of trying a 5 disc (mixed) bag:

Judge
Envy
Truth
Spark
Destroyer

These were all I threw last tourney (replace the spark with a felon, but the spark seems more versitaile).

Mixed bag

Omega Big Bead

Stego

Gazelle

Daredevil Mammoth (or raptor)

Heat

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I think "trilogy" as a single manufacturer is pretty fair to include as one list since the pros for the seem to reach across brands. (thinking of this as Innova / Discmania / Millennium crossover as well.)

my Trilogy amateur 5:
Shield
Harp
Fuse
Felon
Saint

though I would be reasonable happy with the Innova umbrella with:
Omega
Cro
Leopard
Teebird
Wraith

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MVP: Electron Anode, Vector, Volt, Motion, Photon/Octane

Axiom: Envy, Alias, Crave/Clash, Firebird, Mayhem

roach, quake, squall, surge, and avenger ss. Don't know a course i wouldn't feel comfortable on with this set up.

So I'm going to try this. Just give molds, and going to try and stick to Innova.

I'll have two Champ Apes, two star and one DX.
Two Champ Firebirds, one Star and one DX.
A Champ Roc, Champ Roc3 and a Glow Dx.
A DX Viper
And some electron Atoms because I down own an Innova putter that I could actually putt with.

My normal round at the course I plan to play is a 52 with my usual Westside heavy bag. We shall see how it goes.

I see myself missing the Stego most lol.

I like the mixed bag 5 mold and would use it if I played enough to effectively cycle or replace lost cycled discs. I'd go:

Some semi overstable putter (Envy, Wizard, Judge, Warden, Challenger)
Roc
Teebird
Firebird
Destroyer, Mayhem, or Octane

If it were Ching it would be the Genesis, the Velocity, the Oracle, the Genesis or the Juju depending on which is closer in flight to the Classic Aviar. This is if Ching was still a brand and not a dead one.

Latest posts