• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phoenix DG'ers

I actually know of a place in Fountain Hills that would make for an epic course. It doesn't look like much from the satellite views, but in person is another story. Giant red rocks, a dam (from the late 1800's) that has water in it most of the year, and a small green area with some decent sized trees. I used to spend my time hanging out in this place as a kid. It is used as a hiking spot now, and already has a small parking lot. It's on the west side of Fountain Hills Blvd, between Palomino and Ocotillo.

Let's find a good location and throw in some baskets for a couple hours! I'll be the first to volunteer mine.. 1 basket down, at least 8 more left haha

You can count me and my Discatcher in!

That spot in FH sounds intriguing - I'm going to check it out next time I'm out throwing @ the lake.

Here are a couple spots I've been eyeballing:

Off Deer Valley Rd & Cave Creek - behind/around the Reach 11 Sports Complex. I know this is kind of close to Buffalo Ridge, but the land back there would make an awesome course!

http://goo.gl/maps/zCYsl - This is my dream spot to create a course. Red rocks (a la Papago) bushes, trees. It's so beautiful and serene. I've taken my basket here and setup a few holes....it was massively fun!

Unfortunately I do not have any baskets, but I'm down to check out new possibilities. I usually go on yahoo maps, and search around. I think one at kiwanis park in Tempe would be beneficial. Maybe not the best course, but if a smaller course was put it, it could bring more exposure to sport, and the centers could rent discs. I would like an easier course than papago in Tempe to help get new people into the sport.

A couple of times back in the 90's one of my friends kid would move a basket around to different spots. We all chipped in and gave him a few $. I also practiced there. I lived on greenfield rd for 25 years.
Greenfield lakes GC looks like a lot of fun, always thought it would make a great course. I sure miss all the great disc golf in the valley.

You can count me and my Discatcher in!

That spot in FH sounds intriguing - I'm going to check it out next time I'm out throwing @ the lake.

Here are a couple spots I've been eyeballing:

Off Deer Valley Rd & Cave Creek - behind/around the Reach 11 Sports Complex. I know this is kind of close to Buffalo Ridge, but the land back there would make an awesome course!

http://goo.gl/maps/zCYsl - This is my dream spot to create a course. Red rocks (a la Papago) bushes, trees. It's so beautiful and serene. I've taken my basket here and setup a few holes....it was massively fun!

I live near Cave Creek and Tatum and I'd say the area by Reach 11 would be cool. I run back there all the time. and that place by I-17 looks pretty cool, too.

I live near Cave Creek and Tatum and I'd say the area by Reach 11 would be cool. I run back there all the time. and that place by I-17 looks pretty cool, too.

I live in that area too, that Reach 11 area does look pretty good for a course. Wonder if there was ever any effort to get something set up there?

Will be in PHX in a couple weeks (Jan 20-25) for work and am interested in playing a few different courses. Hoping to play Fountain Hills that Sunday, and am staying very close to Emerald in Mesa. Will hopefully get a round or two in there during the week after 4pm.

Anyone interested in throwing a round or two and showin a noob around? Also have a DGCR 2013 travel tag.

Looks like Buffalo Ridge will be getting concrete tee pads for the new Alpha 9 in the next couple of months. We have permission, we just need to raise the funds!!

Threw two rounds today @ Vista del Camino....loving the fact I saw a good amount of golfers braving the cold weather!