• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

Why is everyone getting all upset all of a sudden? Just because they didn't get "free" stuff with the bag they bought? That's stupid in my opinion. I got my bag today and I love it. I'm happy that I got what I paid for. If I happen to get more free stuff later on then that is awesome too. But it shouldn't be expected.

Got my bag and put it through the ringer as far as the Velcro and innards. I have to say that despite the wait I am extremely satisfied with the quality of work. This thing is more than I could have hoped for: the wait was off-putting, but in the end, I am very happy I made the choice that I did.

I know the inside compartment in velcros into a quasi rain flap, has anyone figured out what to do with the divider when using this set-up?

Really digging my new bag was pissed bout the lack of pulls for bout 20 seconds then I realized hey theres people on here that make them cheap so who cares

Got my bag and put it through the ringer as far as the Velcro and innards. I have to say that despite the wait I am extremely satisfied with the quality of work. This thing is more than I could have hoped for: the wait was off-putting, but in the end, I am very happy I made the choice that I did.

I know the inside compartment in velcros into a quasi rain flap, has anyone figured out what to do with the divider when using this set-up?

what do you mean?

I think he's referring to how you can take out the top/bottom divider and keep the main flap closed and reach through the top to get discs when it's raining so it's not just pouring into the main opening.

Oh i see now! And my answer to what to do with the hard divider is place it long ways in the main compartment behind your discs. Not interference when pulling them out

I think he's referring to how you can take out the top/bottom divider and keep the main flap closed and reach through the top to get discs when it's raining so it's not just pouring into the main opening.

Maybe, maybe not. I knew about the top down feature TFTW describes (pic 1) but after I read this I tried it out and soft divider does kind of act like a rain flap when you push it down (pics 2&3). I wonder if that is what Picked was saying. It's not a good rain flap, but you could easily make up a little mod with loop Velcro that firms it up. Was this intentional or has anyone else noticed this? I don't remember anyone writing about this on the forums.

Attachments

• Top Down.jpg
    Top Down.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Flap Down.jpg
    Flap Down.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Lifting Flap.jpg
    Lifting Flap.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 41
Oh yeah, i tried that option with my first run, it isn't too bad of an option but still allows for water
To get in

Maybe, maybe not. I knew about the top down feature TFTW describes (pic 1) but after I read this I tried it out and soft divider does kind of act like a rain flap when you push it down (pics 2&3). I wonder if that is what Picked was saying. It's not a good rain flap, but you could easily make up a little mod with loop Velcro that firms it up. Was this intentional or has anyone else noticed this? I don't remember anyone writing about this on the forums.

Thats' pretty much exactly what I was talking about. Throwing the pics in there also helped as far as visualizing it, so thank you for that. I agree that it didn't seem like a good rain flap, I just brain farted when it came to leaving the bottom closed and just reaching in through the top.

Oh yeah, i tried that option with my first run, it isn't too bad of an option but still allows for water
To get in

When you get home you should try it out with the 2nd run for comparison. The new divider has more than double the material and hangs lower than the top piece would alone. I'm curious to how they compare.

Personally never liked the top down rain solution because you lose all the top storage. Does anyone with a first run actually use it this way? Does it work well?

When you get home you should try it out with the 2nd run for comparison. The new divider has more than double the material and hangs lower than the top piece would alone. I'm curious to how they compare.

Personally never liked the top down rain solution because you lose all the top storage. Does anyone with a first run actually use it this way? Does it work well?

I used it on my first run and love it. It will be much easier to use though now because the side pockets can hold everything that would have been in the top storage, and all i ever held in the top storage was a hoodie which i would wear during rainy rounds and my keys and wallet which are secure on the flap

I used it on my first run and love it. It will be much easier to use though now because the side pockets can hold everything that would have been in the top storage, and all i ever held in the top storage was a hoodie which i would wear during rainy rounds and my keys and wallet which are secure on the flap

I dont see a hoody fitting in the "extra" disc storage pockets. I could be wrong.

I had wondered how tight the putter pocket would be, and it is perfect for one putter, but for me it is too tight for two and a mini. I think I will have to start keeping my main approach putter in the main compartment. Even if it would stretch over time I hate when the putters and the mini get wedged together at the bottom of the pocket. I think I can get used to it with just one putter.

I also wondered how effective the left/right divider would be. It seemed to me that if you had all the discs on one side it would be unbalanced. I tried it out and it's not bad. 9 discs in one side but 2 were putters and 4 were mids, so the 10-15 is accurate. I threw an XL hoodie in the other side (Pic 2)and there was still room for a pair of wind pants or a couple discs. Seems like a good feature for winter, but I'm not sure what you would use it for in the summer because you can't close it without closing the whole compartment. It's about the right side for a soft sided insulated lunch box. Definitely cooler mod potential.

Then I loaded the bag up with 21 in the main compartment (pic 1)and that consisted of 2 putters, 4 mids, 6 fairway, and 9 distance. That's way more than I would ever need. In my mahal I usually keep 14 in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket. Depending on the conditions/course I may carry some extras in the side pockets (up to 5 in a tournament). With the Contender in the summer I may just keep them all in the main compartment and use the side pockets for towels etc...

Attachments

• Full Discs.jpg
    Full Discs.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Half Discs.jpg
    Half Discs.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts