• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick the most stable disc

What is the most stable disc?

• Total voters
How long is it? I'd probably throw a Meteor or X-Buzzz on a Hyzer-Flip. River or AvengerSS if it's longer?

340', hills only about 20' high if that. Like I said, certainly not near what you guys are posting.

Its funny that you mention the mids because I think I can get one there now from that hill. Been using my River but I've gotten a little longer and the light River will make it to the trees on the far side, the heavier might go too far and land in the creek.

With how much glide both a Meteor and X-Buzzz have, 340' down a hill should be do-able. Hard snap through the hips on a hyzer (my favorite way to throw both of those discs!). The wind would determine which disc and how much angle for the hyzer to flip up flat.

well personally i consider stable flies flat and straight. no turn either direction, and no fade that is 0.

Based on plastic:

D/DX -> firebird
Pro/X -> Leopard - minimal movement when new. buzzz is a very close second.
ESP/Star -> Buzzz - dead nutts straight
Champ/Z -> on average i'd have to say the leopard. the Z buzzz's ive trown have been all very different from each other, from overstable to stable. but every leopard ive thrown has been flat and straight with a tad bit of fade.

why on earth would people expect terms created by "frisbee" golfers for "disc" golfers to make any sense whatsoever???

THANK YOU! lingo is lingo man. who cares if the rheotoric is correct. and personally i think saying something is "more stable" is fully correct. If stable is 0 and you are comparing 2 discs with one being more understable than 0 (negative) and the other being a disc that is between 0 and that neagtive number then it is in fact "more stable than." so "a sidewinder is more stable than a roadrunner" is 100% correct. now if you said "the sidewinder is more over stable than a roadrunner" you are incorrect. that would imply the disc flies greater than 0 (stable).

Theres a hole at the course I play thats down hill; not to the extent of what you guys are throwing but, conventional wisdom with down hill and throwing something that wont fade forever due to the height can bite you. The trick is to put something understable on a hyzer line or you wind up going straight into the woods on the right.

Heres a pic from the short tee which is at the bottom of the hill to the right of the long tee. You can see the tunnel up ahead
c54af8d9.jpg

I've tried taking a pic of the long for the site but it always seems to turn out bad. Need a better camera cause its one of my favorite shots.

What pad is the one in front of this one if this pad is the short tee?? I would probably throw a comet or buzzz.

How about this, Which color looks like it changes the least amount during it's flight. i.e. - what line changes off it's primary direction the least amount

hv0ykl.jpg

i'm color blind so this just looks like one crazy disc going al over the place. i'd worry about your form before terminology. :D

i'm color blind so this just looks like one crazy disc going al over the place. i'd worry about your form before terminology. :D

Three lines in front of each are different flight paths. Just think about the flight paths of an overstable/understable/stable disc at each release angle and you should be able to figure out each one

xminsw.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts