• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Picked up a Star TL (171) this weekend

jdonhardt

and lost a champion wraith (175) in some super thick foliage. ill go back this winter and look again when all the leaves die off...

TLs are nice...at least the CE ones

What are your thoughts on the TL? I got one about 4mo's ago and love it. It has earned a permanent spot in my Innova Competition Bag.

I caught one that was in between color changes or something, it's like a mint green with a grayish color around the outside edge and a dark teal color stamp, I really like the color scheme and stamp color too, added bonus for a disc that I really like.

i like it a lot. its been too windy to get a really good feel for it though...it was flying super straight, i was getting it over 300ft on some throws - most of them were right around 300ft. its an odd feeling, the tragic loss of my best driver has given me the oppurtunity to really get to know my new disc. i have big hopes for this disc. so far, so good.

It gets better as it breaks in, or at least that has been my experience with it!

It gets better as it breaks in, or at least that has been my experience with it!

i can see this thing becoming my top disc. sunday will be my next chance to get some good throwing time in with it...lets hope for sun and calm wind.

to hell with all of you.

(wants a tl, but needs to replace a stolen sidewinder first :( )

TL and Sidewinder are two of my fav understables.

A TL has been my go-to driver for a few months now. Love it. I have a 167 that I found a little while after I lost a beautiful 171 that I'll be replacing soon enough.

Star Teebird's are awesome too.

Yes the TL is a real honey. I'm about to go shopping for a couple more on disc golf center.

They are great discs that get better with time. I carry 4-5 in my bag. They are my go to control disc.
Star Plastic is great for them. Try one out in champ or glo if you enjoy the star.

I just traded a 175 star TL for a Champ Ed Eagle. The star was a tad heavy and I already had a Champ Ed TL that I love. Couldn't pass up the chance to add a Champ Ed Eagle to the mix.

My TL is slowing becoming my go to disc. I have a lighter 167 Star TL and I can't get over the control factor. A little finesse, and it goes forever.

I have been looking to get one too. How do they compare with the Leopard? Is the TL considered understable like some of you have mentioned? What is the max distance to be expected from the TL? Comparisons to the Teebird?

I have been looking to get one too. How do they compare with the Leopard? Is the TL considered understable like some of you have mentioned? What is the max distance to be expected from the TL? Comparisons to the Teebird?

The TL is about as long a fairway driver as you'll find. Innova rates it at Speed 7, but it's got great carry and its super straight line lets it get the most out of that speed, so you're likely to see distance comparable to Speed 9.

I can throw mine well over 300' with a hyzer flip.

I have 172 Star TL that is realy light grey with some purple and green specs swirled in with a silver stamp, well what is left of a silver stamp anyways. Mine is pretty beat in and i dont get as much distance as i did when it was new, but it is my absolute #1 control driver, i can put it anywhere i want it inside of 325'. It is just slightly understable so it is uber easy to hyzer flip for distance, and my favorite disc for precision hyzers or spike hyzers.

169 Star TL. Love it. good for flips, good for anny. good for playing the middle. i don't throw a lot of fairway drivers. the TL was the first one I really grew to like and throw very often.