• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Pie Pan Bagger

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just got my hands on a Bagger, the first mold from Pie Pan Discs. They're a new manufacturer out of Dayton. Kinda feels like a KC Aviar. I'll post pictures later today

Last edited:
20210827191021.jpg

20210827191041.jpg

Yes it does, and the need to do a custom GBV stamp run. At least that's what I would suggest.

Looks Wizard-ish.

Agreed. And about a hundred other Wizard-like discs that are made now.

The disc name describes me pretty well, but I'm just gonna stick to my Wizards.

Agreed. And about a hundred other Wizard-like discs that are made now.

The disc name describes me pretty well, but I'm just gonna stick to my Wizards.
You can copy an Aviar or you can copy a Magnet or you can copy a Wizard or you can copy a Magic...so far as putter wing designs go, that's about all I can think of. There are a lot of putters I have not seen of course so I could be missing some.

How does the plastic feel?

Kinda stiff. Not sure how else to describe it beyond that. I also got a glow one and tried putting with it, though I'm clearly not the target market for them. Kinda stable, not a ton of glide, reminded me of putting with a KC Aviar. For someone with a floaty putt like me, that's not great. I could see these working well for harder spin putters.

I liked it much better as a thrower. Was pretty accurate with it on a few upshots & short drives. Reminded me of a slower Envy.

You can copy an Aviar or you can copy a Magnet or you can copy a Wizard or you can copy a Magic...so far as putter wing designs go, that's about all I can think of. There are a lot of putters I have not seen of course so I could be missing some.

Polecat and XD/Zone?

The wing does look/feel close to a Wizard. The top is much flatter. Close in feel to a P3x from Discmania regarding the top and shoulder.

The plastic feels like a hybrid of Innova XT and DX to me. Slightly firm but very grippy. In between Discmania Exo Soft and Hard plastics. My sample size of one is pink. Some of the other colors did feel stiffer like white.

Due to its low glide, this putter seems to be designed more for throwing than putting.

Looks like a Prowler which to be fair looks a lot likes Wizard

Kinda stiff. Not sure how else to describe it beyond that. I also got a glow one and tried putting with it, though I'm clearly not the target market for them. Kinda stable, not a ton of glide, reminded me of putting with a KC Aviar. For someone with a floaty putt like me, that's not great. I could see these working well for harder spin putters.

I liked it much better as a thrower. Was pretty accurate with it on a few upshots & short drives. Reminded me of a slower Envy.

I've had a similar experience. Definitely not my putting style, but the plastic is a lot more durable than expected for the grip level and I've been having lots of success off the tee. It handles hard rips pretty well and feels great in the hand.

Looks like Pie Pan has two new molds out and multiple platics.
Anybody throwing these?

Latest posts