• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] disc naming

txmxer

* Ace Member *
I'll bet this will be very popular...meet the Grunt from Pie Pan Discs

pie_pan_grunt.jpg

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/grunt

"over in the rough off #9 I found a brand new Grunt!"

"anyone want to try throwing my new Grunt?"

"dang dude, that Grunt really flew a long way!"

"What are you throwing on 1?" "Grunt"

Not sure which name is more…. Interesting: the disc or the company. Wonder what the plastic's called.

Ideas for the next discs in the Lineup

Squid (Navy)
Puddle-Jumper (Coastie)
Flyboy (Airforce)
Deck Ape (Navy)
Grumper (Dookie)
Secret Squirrel (it's a secret)
Screaming Starfish (that thing where a skier/snowboard goes flying through the air with arms and legs out wide)
Justin Bieber (another Dookie)

.....just a few suggestions.

Of all things a person can throw, the best name is already taken with the Tantrum. I imagine it would also be cool to throw a Fit out on the course as well. Throwing a Grunt just doesn't have that same kind of a ring to it. I do like the post above that suggested the other military slang names though.

Well, I had to look up the company to see what they were about.

First off, their website is garbage. I'm not a web developer by any means but even I could cobble something together that would be more useful.

Seems like they only have one mold currently available? (Couldn't really tell from their crappy website)

Based off that one mold being called the bagger their next disc should have been called the hardtail or knucklehead instead of the grunt.

Gasp, Yip, Chortle, Burp, Slurp, Stutter, Whistle, Sigh, Stammer, Yawn, Snore, Sniff, Sneeze—there are almost infinite wonderful disc names to go for.

haven't you heard, "never trust a Fart"

Can quickly turn into a Shart. cannot stop giggling right now thinking of live disc golf coverage saying "and he approaches with a shart.....OHHHH its wet"

Fart probably means something in German and Kastaplast has a proto pending. Glow Fart would be cool.

Fart probably means something in German and Kastaplast has a proto pending. Glow Fart would be cool.

Fahrt is journey or drive. Aus is out of, so Ausfahrt is an exit from a road.

So it would be super cool to have a driver named Fahrt.