• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pig vs. Rhyno

richardmmill

Birdie Member
I searched couldn't find much.
I carry a pig in my bag for short forehand and short overstable shots. I just recently picked up a sweet champ rhyno(not thrown yet). Just looking for thought on guys who have thrown both to compare the two. If you have used them both what do you find each better for?
Thanks

I say boy, they overlap quite a bit. The Pig is lower profile, has less glide, and slightly more overstable. Rhyno is a better putter as its a little slower.

They're almost identical except the pig has almost no glide making it great in a headwind and the rhyno has good glide making it not as great into a headwind. It's hard to get much distance out of a pig but easy to get some crazy distance (for a putter) out of the rhyno.

They're almost identical except the pig has almost no glide making it great in a headwind and the rhyno has good glide making it not as great into a headwind. It's hard to get much distance out of a pig but easy to get some crazy distance (for a putter) out of the rhyno.
My name is Erich and I approve this post.

Are you listening boy, its better for putting, and has more distance potential driving. The pig is more of a one trick pony, good for ridiculous headwinds or covering oat, but the Rhyno is pretty good at that too.

I don't think he can tell if you are serious with the foghorn leghorn imitation :).
I have 4 pures, but occasionally I have to pull out the Rhyno in the wind or when I get that confident feeling when I hold it.

Well, I throw both.

The rhyno is my go to putter and for shots up to 200'
The Pig is for shots past 200' but mostly for tight hyzer routes and reliable hyzer putting.
the Rhyno putt, done well (IMO) has no fade on it really... that sucker just goes dead straight and then just stops dead in its tracks (very little glide..which is what I want... very little glide means you get fewer sail-by's when putting)
so if I want a fade or a reliable hyzer I've found that the Pig does this everytime w/o fail and I will use this on the putt instead of the Rhyno

A lot of Champ Rhynos are gummy, I don't know if I'd like that for FH.

the pig can do anything the rhino can do and go further with more control. I use the pig to throw around things on annie and good old hyzer shots. Put enough on it and the pig is a sure thing. You really cant go wrong with it in the R-Pro plastic.

This boy's more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

Latest posts