• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning any trips this summer?

DGtourist

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
So, what are some of the places you guys are planning to go this summer? I want to hear about your disc golf trip plans.

I'm going to Boston in July and Santa Cruz in August. I plan on being in the Omaha area too at some point.

A friend and I are doing a tour through Ohio starting next Thursday and going to Monday (assuming the weather forecast is decent). We will be playing 17 courses in 5 days. I have all the courses in my wish list right now.

After that we may head east later in the summer towards Boston and the lower part of Maine.

I might play with my brother in Louisiana or Texas. I am going on a family vacation (location TBA) and will try to play at least once there. 17 courses in 5 days is more than I have ever done. My brother and I have had "DG camp" where we would play over 500 holes in 5 days, but would usually only play 10 courses or so.

Some friends and I are going through Central Kentucky. It's not a long trip as we live in Tennessee, but we went to Rochester last year so we are due for a short trip. I want to go to New England. I have played once in Maine but haven't played any of the Massachusetts courses yet and I hear they are sweet.

I'm planning a trip through 10 states (roughly 2800 miles) for Labor Day week. I plan on playing at least one course in eight of the ten states. Here's my current itinerary: http://takesthestairs.blogspot.com/search/label/Labor Week Trip

If I'm coming through your area and missing a great course please let me know and I'll reconsider my stops.

I'll tourguide you through Dry Creek in Cheyenne. Also if you haven't played Kearney NE, I highly recogmend it. All I ask is a few days notice.

Zman - If you are in Central Kentucky try to take in the course at Lake Cumberland State Park. It's one of my favorites.

We're definitely going to be playing Lake Cumberland and the 2 Pulaski courses in that general area. I wish we had time to stop in Bowling Green, but we play there about once every 2 months or so on a weekend. Bowling Green is less than an hour away from here but has some sweet courses.

A friend and I are doing a tour through Ohio starting next Thursday and going to Monday (assuming the weather forecast is decent). We will be playing 17 courses in 5 days. I have all the courses in my wish list right now.

After that we may head east later in the summer towards Boston and the lower part of Maine.

Have fun in Ohio, look forward to many reviews.

It's always exhausting since I arrange a pretty grueling schedule but there's no shortage of fun :)

I always get the information for all the courses and just play it by ear. Targeting a core of must play places. I wish I was in your shoes though.

That's what I'm doing more or less, I'm just doing it for a couple of different cities. I think it'll be around 1500 miles round trip.

Just to let you know (you probably already know) but there's a tournament all day in Massillon on Saturday (Lincoln Park) and a tourney all day Sunday in Canton (Arboretum-Spiker Park). Also, any idea when you're playing Dover?

We'll be in Dover on Sunday the 25th.. I was planning on playing Deis, Lincoln, Arboretum and Roscoe Ewing that day but it looks like we may have to skip Arboretum due to the tourney. I may replace that with Hudson Springs.

Edit: Hey mobster, I just did a little digging, are you sure that the tourney's are taking place Memorial Day weekend? I found a site that lists a tournament happening this weekend but not next.

Yup, it's this weekend, and I most definitely read your post wrong (I thought you meant this weekend). Sorry for the confusion.

Cool.. then Arboretum is still in rotation for Sunday :D

I'm in Minneapolis for the summer, but will be in Monterey, Mexico aug-dec, so planning on playing the one known course down there all the time. Anyone know of any other DG courses in Mexico??

I'll tourguide you through Dry Creek in Cheyenne. Also if you haven't played Kearney NE, I highly recogmend it. All I ask is a few days notice.

I'll take another look at things and try and fit Kearney in. I'm also thinking I'm going to have to get over to Casper based on the review from your blog. Looks like an incredible view.

Spending a week in the Smokies and a day in Ashville, NC. Any must play courses there? We are staying at a condo outside of Pigeon Forge, TN. Look to play some new courses this week. At least two rounds, more if the course is close by.

Staying a week in Pensacola, FL for the Southern Nationals Am Championships so got the golf covered there. It is at a two course set up owned by the Navy. Pretty cool, has some military emphasis to the courses.

Latest posts