• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Plastic type: Splatter

I've seen runs of star that had this effect (non mixed/non swirled patches of different color), and it doesn't look bad if the color combination is right.

Calling it "Splatter" seems like a marketing mis-fire, IMHO. Not the most alluring name. I shudder to think what the "Spatter" stamp will look like if they every do a production run.

However, if the make Wraiths in this plastic, I might have to get one and see how it flies :D

To me it looks like they put a small percentage of off-colored pellets into the hopper and called it a day.

Innova should probably work on the consistency of the discs they already make rather than introducing more gimmicky stuff like this. Their QC lately has seemed lousy and their discs are all over the place stability and overall quality-wise.

For just $26 this could be yours

st-thunderbird_splatter_green.jpg

Seriously, they need to work on the color combinations. That green one reminds me of when I was a kid playing with Green Slime, and it fell in the dirt and got ruined.

Nothing personal against Innova though, I love a lot of their Discs, and it is good they keep trying new things.

Seriously, they need to work on the color combinations. That green one reminds me of when I was a kid playing with Green Slime, and it fell in the dirt and got ruined.

Nothing personal against Innova though, I love a lot of their Discs, and it is good they keep trying new things.

I actually like it bc it looks like slime.

Accepting 40 tickets at $4 ea, 3 for $10 deal.

Hahahahaha

Those groups are worse than political debates on FB.

F2 stamp must be out for repairs.

Glitter (sparkle/stardust..) that is a fine atheistic and maybe even marginally functional.
Intentional Recycled little bits might be OK if I was getting a decent price break.
But purposeful flat little flecks that look like debris up labeled as "splatter". Seriously?

Seems like they completely messed up a run by having the wrong settings or something and then they figured they might as well sell it with a hefty pricetag

Can you really blame Innova for thinking people might want these things? Look at how many puke colored swirly lose your disc because it is basically camouflage discs they have sold recently.

The orange one in the picture looks like an improvement compared to what has been coming out recently.

The orange one in the picture looks like an improvement compared to what has been coming out recently.

And the bright green one should be able to be visible and be found, unlike the "camo" and black ones they've been putting out...

These are nothing like Jawbreaker plastic. Not even close. They are a nice run of Star though. I have one and I love it. Looks nice and they have a softer flight plate with a stiffer rim. I can dig my grip in the soft flight plate but get a nice smooth flight with the firm rim. They're stable but not near as stable as the stiff Star Thunderbirds. I will agree the colors could have been brighter though.

The higher price tag is because it's a CFR disc. Extra funds go to one of the many tournaments they sponsor.

Lol smooth flight vs a floppy one?

So it is an overpriced star disc thst is ugly and innova uses the fundraiser/test material label on with no benefit in performance over star/gstar...?

Makes sense.

Similar to dyed discs - more expensive price tag with no actual benefit in performance.

Some people like buying stuff because it looks cool though, more power to them.

Somebody ashed their cigar in the plastic hopper again. I expect this sort of stuff at Gateway but I thought Innova had some sort of standards.

Somebody ashed their cigar in the plastic hopper again. I expect this sort of stuff at Gateway but I thought Innova had some sort of standards.

Innova does have standards... and sometimes they're very low. :|

Seriously, these discs should be okay if they're in bright colors...

Innova does have standards... and sometimes they're very low. :|

Seriously, these discs should be okay if they're in bright colors...

Innova's lack of QC standards became evident with much of their blizzard discs. Those things are straight garbage.

Latest posts