• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Plastic type: Splatter

Innova's lack of QC standards became evident with much of their blizzard discs. Those things are straight garbage.

They've also been injecting more air, or maybe just have less QC than previously, cause I had to send back some Discmania S Line (not Blizzard) recently I received with broken bubbles all around the top of the rim.

Innova's lack of QC standards became evident with much of their blizzard discs. Those things are straight garbage.

I have a couple that aren't too bad. But I totally agree that the more recent ones are bad. I have a Blizz TeeDevil that I'm guessing was made a couple of years ago. Rim feels smooth, no 'surface bubbles' (i.e. bubbles that are on the surface, creating ridges), and the disc flies pretty well.

Some weeks ago I was in a store and saw a Blizz TeeDevil (bright pink, but I digress). The rim texture was really rough, one could visually see there were ridges, a.k.a. what I'm calling 'surface bubbles'. Just awful feel and look, and no way was I going to buy that disc.

Having said that, and while knowing that PLHs sometimes aren't consistent in a mold, etc., most of the Innova discs are pretty good quality.

They've also been injecting more air, or maybe just have less QC than previously, cause I had to send back some Discmania S Line (not Blizzard) recently I received with broken bubbles all around the top of the rim.

Yeah, I've seen some very lousy champion discs coming out lately. Lots of air bubbles and a crappy blend of plastic. Look, Innova. Not everyone wants these super light junk discs. Give me good plastic in standard weights.