• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Plastics and Stability

Winkler707

I've tried to find a definitive answer to this question, but I can't seem to find anything that satisfies me.

My question is which plastics are most and least stable from MVP.

My assumption would be that in order of least to most stable it would be:

1. Neutron
2. Proton
3. Eclipse

But that's based on other brand equivalents and I feel that if there is a difference in stability than it's probably minimal because the overmold materials are the same (or very similar if you compare eclipse to the black overmold).

So what are the differences in the plastics, and are those differences as noticeable as the are in other brands?

For the most part there is no general differences which dictate flight stability more-so than PLH/Dome.

That's been my experience with the MVP plastics. There's a grip/feel/aesthetics difference between the plastics, so more of a personal preference thing I believe.

yeah^ they break-in a little differently as far as feel goes and some runs of neutron are "softer" than others as well as proton but doesn't impact flight, like you said its about looks/feel.

I would say there is very little difference in current runs.

Now, some people may say that proton is a little more stable in certain molds, but it may just be that proton seems to beat in a little slower than neutron, or perhaps because neutron is released before proton in most molds that the new proton discs people buy are more stable because their older neutron discs they have had for a while are more beat..

I purchased a brand new run of eclipse, proton and neutron volts at the time when the eclipse was released, all of them fly very similar, but the eclipse and neutron seemed to hold straight slightly longer before the fade than proton.

For the most part it doesn't matter.. very small variation is expected from run to run as is such with any manufacturer.

Certain molds have been changed slightly (for example the volt) so first runs may be different from current production run molds.

Latest posts