• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play better when playing glowy round?

Maybe its the lack of stress from seeing all the potential obstacles?

Either you're taking less risks or you're more confident.

It sucks to have to get out of the crap in the dark so you might be playing safe.

Or you're confident you. Can find your glowing disc whenever it is.

we had a team come in at -18 for 18 holes at our wed night glow doubles round. They had a 3 and an Ace.

I play about the same. I usually play at night on courses that I know well and therefore already know what shot I want to use. Then it is a matter of visualization, of where I want the shot to go. I know just after I release the disc where it should go and I seem to just walk right up to it even when I don't have a light source on the disc. That is for drives and approaches, putting is a different thing. I don't have the other visual clues to help when I putt so I am not as accurate.

Never did a glow round, but a buddy of mine & I went out with flashlights to play the 18 at Village Park in Sussex, WI a few years ago & both ended up under par somehow. I guess the lack of distractions helped out & we played it by "ear" which was a bit different, but cool none the less.

Latest posts