• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Played 3 Courses Going to El Paso.

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
They were a lot different than I usually play.

1. Big Springs, Texas course was first. 18 hole. It was an awesome course, kind of a rough lay out, but after 10 it's smooth sailing. 1-9 were on like a big hill, filled with cacti, lots of brush, sand and rocks. 7-9 are to navigate due to it not being a trail between them. The scenery is awesome on the first half of the course. The 2nd half of the course is completely different look, it's grass and trees. Pretty much open field on 1-5 of em. Others are hidden behind trees. A couple blind shots. It was a splendid time.

2. Odessa, Texas course was second. 18+? hole This course had an inaccurate map, the locals were playing it out of order from the numbers on the signage. The course has some sweet holes. 1-4 are open field holes. One of the baskets is in a tree trunk and that's pretty sweet. This course has some tough terrain, I rolled my ankle on it. I continued the course, hole 11-15 play along a fence where you can't get your disc back if you throw it over... x_x I was watching for rattlesnakes the whole course and couldn't focus. I didn't care for the course too much, and had limited time to check out of my hotel so I didn't finish. I played up to 17. It was an okay course, if I were in the area, I'd go play it again but I'd skip the holes like the locals.

3. El Paso, Texas course was the last one I played. 9 Hole. This course started off a little rough. The fairways over lap, fences are close to fairway, easy to lose discs throwing over them, and their long hole 700+ ft is along an extremely busy road. I personally can't throw with that going on. First round I played on it, I hated it. I was ready to go, but my brother and I had 3 hours to kill when we started and I decided we could play again, just play it differently. The 2nd time through, I realized that it wasn't that bad. The shots were generally easy, but it was a well maintained course, regardless if fairways intersected a bit. Kids at the park are completely out of the way, and the walkers know that disc golf is played so they adjust their walking accordingly. It also had gold tees on a 9hole course. My brother and I used that to our advantage and just made it a par 4 playing from gold tees on some holes.

All in all, I had fun. I wouldn't make that trip out for just disc golf, unless I was going further. I didn't lose a disc, and I found 2 unmarked.. (one of which is a disc I've been wanting to buy [score!])