• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Played 72 holes at Highbridge on Saturday...

ginshun

Par Member
Blueberry Hill, Granite Ridge, Woodland Greens and then Blueberry again. Played Gold last year and figured we could get two rounds in if we skipped that one this year. The Bear was open, and all tee boxes in supposedly, but no signs up at the tee boxes yet, and the people I was playing with were wussies, so we played Woodland and Blueberry again instead of playing it. We'll hit that one up next year. All in all one hell of a day of disc golf. I think we'll rent a cabin or stay in the Honka House next year to give us a little time to relax.

here is a crappy vid of us teeing off on #2 on Blueberry the second time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jBpcoaSEp4

So, you confirmed The Bear actually has 18 tee pads and 18 baskets installed?

Edit: I strongly suggest staying in the Honka House. If you don't have any blue-collar DNA, you might find it "gross"; otherwise, I've stayed in there two straight years, now, and it's fabulous.

Last edited:
I iz gunna ask a dumb question

where is this place and what are the details?

i.e. 1 location with 3(4?) courses?
you can stay there?

worth a dg trip from Canuckistan?

I'm a firm believer that you have to play Highbridge Hills slowly and enjoy every hole instead of rushing through them. We stayed for 2 days and they shot by wayyy too fast. Definitely staying longer next time...

I would definitely recommend the honka house. It's an absolute blast to stay there and I can't wait until the next time I get to go.

Crazy coincidence, but when we went, we only filmed one drive of ours, and that was also #2 on Blueberry.

I'm glad you had a good time!

I iz gunna ask a dumb question

where is this place and what are the details?

i.e. 1 location with 3(4?) courses?
you can stay there?

worth a dg trip from Canuckistan?

You have over 2000 posts and haven't heard of Highbridge Hills?

According to Jon (the owner) yes, the Bear has all 18 tee pads and baskets ready to go. We talked to him around 11:00 probably and told him we were thinking of playing and he told us to wait until later in the afternoon because he would be back there taking out a few loads of brush and said it would be nicer in the afternoon. We ended up not playing anyway, but ya, its open and playable. I think somebody said that they just finished putting the tee pads in within the last couple weeks.

I'd like to stay for the whole weekend one of these years. I've been there twice and both times we drove up in the morning and back at night - its about a 2 hour and 15 minute drive from my house. I think next year we'll take the wives and get grandma and grandpa to watch the kids for the weekend.

Maybe next year Whitetail will be open too, who knows. Jon has lots of big plans, put basically runs that place himself, so just the basic course maintenance keeps him pretty busy, much less building more courses.

And ManU - I believe it is 6 full 18 hole courses now. Blueberry Hill, Granite Ridge, Woodland Greens, Highbridge Gold, Chestnut Grove and The Bear. More are under construction.

correct...I don't know of it
but I don't really go to the courses section of the site

Ginshun

thanks

what State is it in?

edit:
I'll surf the courses section

Its way into the boonies in the WI northwoods. Blueberry I think is 3rd or 4th on the top 10 on the first page of the courses section. Beautiful country, but literally nothing around for miles. I really don't think the wives (mine anyway) would be up for more than a round or possibly two (Blueberry and Woodland maybe) in a day. I think if they come with we'll have to send them up to Ashland shopping for a day or something. LOL.

These courses are not you typical disc golf courses either. There are tons of legit par 4's and even 5's on most of them. I would say that Woodland is about the length of a typical wooded course, and all the rest (excluding chesnut which is basically just a course in a field by the campgrounds) are considerably longer.

Granite is my favorite of all that I have played thus far. Blueberry gets all the press, but Granite is more fun IMO.

The three days/four nights I spent at Highbridge last summer were definitely the best days in many years. Played a course on arrival and before leaving, and played three rounds a day each of the three days. The second half of the second day was spent on a golf cart. Priceless.

I agree that more than a day or two is needed to really get the most out of HHSC. With the composite alternate courses like BlueRidge and GranBerry, you can get repeated rounds while still keeping things fresh, and these courses truly are amazingly well designed with each course having a distinct flavor.

We only stayed at the Honka House the last night since an Olympic team was staying there and training during our stay, but the campsites were well appointed with nice fire pits and cooking grates supplied, along with free wood. Since Chestnut Grove now goes through the camping area, you also have some baskets in the campground for late night games of HORSE.

It's only $15/day for all day discing with camping included weekdays during peak season, and not that much higher on the weekends. Double dirt cheap fun.

It rained at some point every day we were there, and all night the second day. It didn't matter. Worth every penny, transportation included.

In fact, after writing this post, I'm pissed that I didn't go this summer.:mad:

I agree, Granite is the best.

I feel like I havent lived yet, I'm from Wisconsin and have yet to hit up Highbridge...:tear:

well this year included a trip to Diamond X

I think next year it will have to be a trip here over a long weekend to play most of them multiple times

Three of the courses makes a full day of disc golf. You can get in 4 if you pick the right courses, but that is a long day. It basicall took us (a foursome) the better part of 10 hours to play Blueberry, Granite, Woodland, Blueberry. I highly recommend using spotters, as more often than not, you can't see the basket from the tee.
Granite is the middle course as far as distance goes, longer than Blueberry and Woodland, but shorter than Gold and Bear. Granite has 4 holes under 300 and eight over 500, if that gives you any idea of the length of these courses. They are awesome, but humbling at the same time.

ya, it is nice to be able to make it a day trip, even though I agree that it would be ideal to spend a couple of days there. 3 out of 4 of the guys that went, myself included, have little kids at home, so its hard enough to get a whole day away, much less a whole weekend.

We left my house at 6:30am, drove to Highbridge, played 72 holes, and where home by 10:00 PM, with a stop to eat halfway home.

How much is it to just play a day? I have a 5 hour drive so I'm not sure how well that will work out. Not sure if you know how much the Honka/camping is? I have gotten so many different prices from different people...lol

It's $10 a day to disc golf there.

Accomadations are super cheap. I think it was $75 per person for the whole weekend in the Honka House and disc golf. I think camping was like $15 per day, and that includes disc golf, so basically $5 a night far camping.

Last edited: