• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing in the wind. Love it? Hate it?

Do you like playing in the wind

• No. Absolutly not. I want no air movement what so ever.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Kind of. It depends on the way the wind is blowing for me.

Votes: 46 33.1%
  • Hell yeah! Make it blow FASTER!

Votes: 34 24.5%
  • I have no poinion one way or the other. I just like voting in polls.

Votes: 23 16.5%

• Total voters
The wind was created by the DEVIL to f*&% with dsic golfers. It is evil and unnecessary.

Bring it on, I love playing in the wind

Does anyone have a link to an article on another site that explains how the discs react in different wind conditions?

It depends. If i could choose i would say no wind ever but i know i need to play when the wind is bad because you can't control the wind on a tourney day. So it is just something that i know i have to deal with.

I've always hated playing in the wind but it's pretty hard to escape it here in Oklahoma. Lately I've been playing in consistent 20-30 mph winds and doing pretty well. I'm learning to make adjustments that are making the wind just another part of the course. Still have a lot of trouble with a strong crosswind though.

I had to vote for "I have no poinion" because it's true...I have no poinion.

It's kind of funny to play in super high winds...especially if you're the only one with the proper discs.

Just played a couple rounds in a 10-20 mph wind. I basically shot the same about even or so, but I did have to play alot of the holes differently. It was actually fun because it took the same old course and made it different. Different lines, different discs, etc. changes alot but it's a good feeling to conquer it.

I hate the wind. But its as much mental as anything else. I always over think it and wind up with some incredibly bad throws.

The wind BLOWS!

I am starting to get the hang of wind a little bit more the more I pay in it. I am finally figuring out how to putt in the wind and to keep the nose down on my drives, that is critical.

Latest posts