• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help me choose...

Dunksmooth

I'm going to order a new DG bag today and would like some input. I'm either buying the Revolution Carolina Team Bag or the Gorilla Boy Silverback. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Just choose which look you like more. They are both great bags. The Revo does have the vinyl truck bottom, but the silverback doesn't have the annoying horseshoe disc opening. The frames are completely different. The silverback has a pvc and corrigated plastic frame and the revo has the molded rollcage. The roll cage can break easier. The drink holders on the revo don't hold small bottles, but there are easy mods to fix that. The silverback is lighter.

I will most likely only cary a Revo or GB for the rest of my disc golf life. Either is a wise investment. Ots like buying a pair of nikes or adidas. Both have have fanboys, but both are great.

what dave said... i am a revolution supporter myself- he was the first to come out with the high end bag and has contributed a ton to dg in my area over the years.

i'm a fan of GB bags considering they're made here in my home state, i think that either way you go you'll be happy with what you find

I really like the internal framework done by Gorrilla Boy.

I love the Innova Compitition bag. I played with Chasetheace and Springdglover today and they both have them as well. The bags worked very well today.

Both are great bags, but I would go with the Revo bag! The horseshoe disc opening has never been a problem for me. The discs on both ends are easy to remove. Plus, if it turns over, the discs stay in better.

The drink holders on the Revo have a small strip on the bottom. So, small bottles would fall through, but you can fix it pretty easy.

The GB bags have horrible small zippers. The GB bag is lighter, and has really cool pocket placements. In my opinion, the frame on the GB is stuck together junk that you can get at Home Depot.

The Revo bag has the truck vinyl bottom, and two huge pockets. I also like the shape of the putter pocket better on the Revo. The frame on the Revo has never been a problem for me, and it was actually manufactured for the bag. The zippers on the Revo are big and amazing.

I've had both bags, and I disliked more things about the GB. That's why I will stick with the Revolution bags! Plus, Dave is amazing to work with!

You wont go wrong by picking either brand, and they are both made in the USA. I'm just giving my honest opinion, so don't turn this into a Revolution vs. Gorilla Boy fan boy thing!

Well what did you choose?

If you haven't ordered one yet, my vote is for GB. Both are high end and well worth their cost. I personally own a GB bag and I love everything about it. I've put it through a lot of use this summer and been pretty hard on it ... its held up like a true champ. I have to disagree with what Kaos said about the zippers, not a thing wrong with them to me.

Thanks for all the input guys, really helpful. I ended up ordering the Revo in Crimson/Gray...real sharp. I also ordered Phenix quads to go with it. Hopefully this rig will last me a long, long time.

Latest posts