• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help my form

big fail today. i felt more sloppy than anything. i think im trying to do to much at once. i think i should work on bracing first since it is the base of everything. still feel like im only using upper body to throw. should i feel it in my upper leg more than my lower leg?

Yeah it's probably best to work on that bracing first so you are in balance. Next time film from the back as well so you can see your knee/hip alignment, in addition to the side view. There's no need for a high leg kick like that IMO as well.

Once you have that sorted out and more balanced you can play around with elbow position/snap/everything. Expect it to feel weird until it gets better. But it's worth it...further distance with less effort.

Worked on it a bit today was pretty chilly though will have behind and side views tomorrow. It slowly starting not to feel awful but I know my form is not there yet. I do notice I'm use muscles I haven't used in throwing before! Legs are getting a work out. I know Feldberg said to really pop your hips up. Is it more of a slide or an pop like he says.

Feldy is exaggerating a little bit, but it feels like a pop, or hard shifting of weight through the hip. Yeah it's normal to feel muscles you didn't know existed.

Wow just working on the bracing and not pulling on the nose of the disc I can see a major improvement!
I throw my first mid over 300'! I had my furthest drive yet at around 350' basket sits 325' I was in the woods behind it! Thank your for the time you guys took to help me! I have a tourny tomorrow I will have a video up after that.

Latest posts