• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

trying to learn backhand before I get too old...

horststorch

Hello, any advice on my form would be highly appreciated! I'm trying to figure out standstills at the moment as that seems to be slightly easier! Thanks a lot for looking into it!

Hi there!

I'm in my own "standstill journey" too - welcome aboard!

I got a form thread too (halfway down in the first page), where there's a little inspiration to get.

Momentum based throws is where im at at the moment, it might not be for you, but who knows?

Seabass22 - one leg drill, hammer drills, doorframe drill (that's such a good drill in general!) Whip step drill. take a look around his youtube channel, I know I've forgotten a few.

Loooghost - windmill drill.

Dingle a hammer, feel the momentum going into the arm and how the body naturally goes with the throw to prevent injuries..

Or else : wait for Brychanus or SW to respond, they'll give you a more "strict" advice.

Good luck man!

Cheers mate, I appreciate you taking the time to give recommendations here. I'll check them out and also wait for some strict advice!

Watch how you extend up during the throw instead of staying down and rotating/swinging thru the hit.

Watch how you extend up during the throw instead of staying down and rotating/swinging thru the hit.

Thank you for this analysis, that makes a lot of sense, highly appreciated! I've reviewed some more footage and I really seem to be swinging weirdly upwards just before the release. I'll try to fix that, thanks for the videos!

Hi everyone, it's been a while because I've been struggling with tennis elbow but I tried to work on the form a bit more. Video is not great but maybe there's things that can be seen. Thanks a lot for any advice!

Last edited:
1. Make sure you are healthy enough to throw properly.

2. You are turning your arm over quite a bit so your palm is facing the sky after release, this involves the supinators which are related to tennis elbow. Try throwing something understable and slow/putter/mid and roll under in the followthru or just keep it level.

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 6.11.14 PM.png