• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help with my form

Yeah the way I think about it is moving the butt/lower spine to the plant leg...if you move the lower spine then the upper spine should come along in balance. Instead of pushing the chest/upper spine, which leaves the lower body behind, and this is what you are doing.

The one leg drill shows how to set up with all of the balance on the plant leg. This prevents you from being able to push off the rear foot. Once you feel just how forward you need to be, you can then try to get back to this position off of the rear leg in a standstill throw.

Yeah, you are moving the disc around like it weighs nothing. You want to move your body around the disc like it weighs a ton. You are pushing and pulling the door frame and hitting the top of the backswing way early before your front foot begins to plant. Feel your butt/weight pulling the door frame and arm taut.

Yeah, you are moving the disc around like it weighs nothing.

Good eye. I think if I work on this my swing will be looking fairly decent. I know that when I do this part properly I feel what I've heard Simon call "the rubber band effect" where I can feel my body loaded wanting to sling the disc forward effortlessly. I've only really felt it doing the slow motion drill, never really when I'm throwing.

Thanks for the input guys, and thank you to SP for clarifying your points. I'll be putting in some more work here and will post a video when I feel like I'm making some progress (or when I hit a wall). You guys rock.

Hey guys, it's been a while, but I haven't given up! I finally made some strides with my form last fall and early this Spring and have finally achieved my career-long goal of being able to break 400'. My biggest keys were trying to move more laterally down the tee pad, get better shoulder rotation for a deeper reachback, but most importantly slowing everything down.

I went out to the field today and tried the one leg drill for the first time in a long time and I was surprised with the results. I was throwing my leopard and sidewinder between 330-350 and threw my shryke from goal post to goal post. Like I said, I have made some good strides, but I know I am still far from what my max potential is. Please check out the video and let me know what I can work on. TIA

http://https://youtu.be/Zwc16i4rur0

I'm getting a failure from the link. Is it private?

Not too shabby, more of a micro one step than one leg drill.

Left arm is behind you instead of in front of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpp7ZFLHK90#t=8m44s
After watching it back in slow motion a few times I saw my plant foot come up just a touch and fully anticipated you saying I wasn't doing the one leg drill lol.

Old habits man... It feels so good when I practice my swing holding a glass of beer/water, but then I go back out and just revert into my old ways without even realizing it and that off arm goes a flailing. I'm tempted to duck tape my left hand to my left hip lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you very much, my friend. You have helped me come a long way. I can't believe this post is seven years old now.

I need to post a video of me throwing with a run up so you can really tell me what else to work on. Thank you again.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk