• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please put phone # on disc!

What i said was that if i knew someone or if i knew that they had done good in the disc golf community that i would return it.

So, people you know have done good, you will give the disc back. People you dont know, or havent done good by your book you wont.

So people doing good things, are having good things happen to them. Karma.

Karma isnt real because you see it as magic, Karma is cause and effect.

Cause and effect is real.

If you returned discs to everyone, then those same people would repay the kindness. So your not now magical and filled with Karma, however your Karma has went up cause now your chance of getting a disc returned has went up.

Not returning discs hurts you because as TimJ mentioned, why would they return your discs? Not to mention the negative outlook it gives you.

Doing good deeds, increases your chances of having good deeds happen upon you. That is Karma.

Doing good deeds, then wondering around invincible with sun always shining on you, is a misconception of Karma.

No that's not what i said. What i said was that if i knew someone or if i knew that they had done good in the disc golf community that i would return it. I never said anything about passing on what others have accomplished in my eyes to someone else.

Yes that is what you said.

When i receive my first call about one of my discs i will start to call

You never said anything about passing on other peoples kindness? When a stranger calls you to give your disc back and that in turn causes you to start calling people, then you are passing it on. Its getting easy to see why you dont understand Karma, however it would appear that there is hope as you seem to want to believe, you just cant quit arguing with yourself.

Not being a smart ass but i just do not believe in karma. I think it's hilarious that people believe that if they do good then it will magically be returned to them. I return discs to people i know or people i know have done work on our local courses. i used to call everytime i found someones disc but have never had one of my discs returned to me. So i stopped. When i receive my first call about one of my discs i will start to call but untill then every disc i find goes to either my brothers, nephew or son.

So until someone steps up and is a better man and calls you about a disc you've lost you wont do the same for others?

Ever heard of the golden rule?

I know one of the local owners in my area and he is so fed up with people stealing other peoples discs off of his land that if he finds out someone finds a disc with info on it and keeps it he bars them from his course. Good for him. We need more DGers with a sense of morality out there.

So until someone steps up and is a better man and calls you about a disc you've lost you wont do the same for others?

Ever heard of the golden rule?

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through this thread.

I'm going to make an effort to give discs back because it's the right thing to do, not because I expect something to magically happen. I would like my lost discs returned to me and I want to give people their lost discs back.

I know one of the local owners in my area and he is so fed up with people stealing other peoples discs off of his land that if he finds out someone finds a disc with info on it and keeps it he bars them from his course. Good for him. We need more DGers with a sense of morality out there.

Good for him.

I'm going to make an effort to give discs back because it's the right thing to do, not because I expect something to magically happen. I would like my lost discs returned to me and I want to give people their lost discs back.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D

We're both Adam H's... that must be it:)

I called the guy who forgot it there and he came back a couple holes to get it since he was still playing.

A saint called me the other day at Willow Park in Romulus Michigan. I lost my old beat in Champ Wraith during warm-ups. I got the voicemail before I left and ran out there to get it while they were playing their round.

This was a valued disc man... It really tied my bag together.

What i explained was that i have given lots of discs back to people. I've been playing for 9 years and have never once had someone call me on a lost disc. Last year after putting countless hours working on one of our courses in Milan IL i decided that i was not going to out of my way anymore to return discs unless i have a reason to. I am tired of it being a one sided karma ruled universe.

What i explained was that i have given lots of discs back to people. I've been playing for 9 years and have never once had someone call me on a lost disc. Last year after putting countless hours working on one of our courses in Milan IL i decided that i was not going to out of my way anymore to return discs unless i have a reason to. I am tired of it being a one sided karma ruled universe.

I glad that, in the past, you did the right thing and returned peoples property to them. I'm sorry that the people who have found your property did not treat you the same way. I am not them, please dont punish me and steal my property to pay them back.

Your current outlook is merely enhancing the problem. Someone stole from you so you're gonna steal from the next guy. And so on and so forth

We have a weed thread and suddenly everyone on here has a degree in criminal law and can tote the illegality of an act up and down (despite 90% of em being wrong). But we have a thread about found discs and 50% of the people have no problem with turning a blind eye to theft. Very odd dichotomy we've got here

I am not punishing anyone. It is not in a vindictive manner that i go out to find other persons discs while i am playing to get back at the ones that didnt return mine. It's about whether or not it's worth my time to call someone one who may or may not even come and get their disc.

In today's world a certain group of people are expected to do everything and expect nothing in return. I guess i was just tired of being in that group. Im ready to put my hands out and take what i believe is mine (justly or unjustly) Finders keepers, losers weepers.

I returned discs I find to their owner, not because I think it will help get my own lost discs back to me, but because it brings me some pleasure seeing how happy and excited they are when they get back one of their 'babies'. I like getting my discs back, so I know others will too.

If I find a disc with no name, it goes straight to one of my friends that don't play much. There is no excuse. Whenever I clean my discs, that's when I rwrite my #. And I always have a sharpie with me on the course.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through this thread.

Good for him.

Thats the only way to be. Making a 20 second phone call isnt exactly going out of the way. Anytime someone answers I try to schedule a time we can meet up and play a round together and Ill bring his disc, or if hes still in the park, or whatever we can do to get his disc back that is convienient for both of us.

Please put a phone number on all of your discs...if you want them back. I think I have told this story before but I will tell it again. I had a buddy that I had taken disc golfing a few times. He was about 18 or 19. He bought a bag and a few discs and one day went out by himself. Now, there is an a-hole that plays around here, who thinks he is really good but is barely average in reality. Anyway, he only puts his nickname and PDGA number on his discs. Anyway, my buddy was playign a round with another guy that he was trying to get to play. They find a disc in the middle of a fairway. The disc has the nickname and PDGA number on it. They saw one group in that area of the course and asked if it belonged to any of them. They said "no", so my buddy put it in his bag. When they get to the parking lot, the guy sees his disc in the bag and comes running across the parking lot screaming at them. He was actually having to be told to calm down by the normal disc golfers that happened to be there. He was upset a) because my buddy didn't "know who he was" and b) because he didn't know what the PDGA was. He said my budy should have looked him up online before he tried to take it home with him. If I was there I probably would have hit him in the mouth. Who carries a laptop in their bag? Some may have Smart Phones, but 3 years ago that was pretty rare. My friend gave him the disc back and 2 days later sold the 5 discs he had bought and his bag and hasn't played again.

I know this is an isolated instance. But if you only put name and PDGA number on a disc, you really shouldn't expect to get it back. If a "noob" finds it, then you definitely won't, even if they have the best of intentions. It seems extremely rude for you to expect someone to go to the trouble of finding YOUR information in order to return a disc that YOU lost. Honestly, put your number on the disc, and I call as soon as I pick it up...hoping that I can leave it at the park somewhere for you to find it. I'll call again when I get home, and again in a few days. If I don't hear anything, it's going to a noob...

Wow! What a jerk! (not your friend, but the pro) People need to give you time to try to give back the disc. I keep my phone off during a round anyways, so I am not calling or receiving calls until I at least get back to the parking area.

I've meet tons of nice golfers since I've been playing, but unfortunately there seems to be a bad apple hanging around every now and then stinking up everything around them.

I've noticed that there are bad people that play at every course. Not everyone is bad but I have noticed that there are a lot of people that just care about themselves. I'm not saying that MoPhunk is a bad guy, he just has a bad habbit and bad manners. I understand loosing discs and never being called. I haven't ever gotten any of mine returned but when I find a marked disc I'll make an effort. If I find an unmarked disc it goes in my bag or to a friend that doesn't have as many discs. All I'm saying is, this guy isn't going to change his habbits by people expaining philosophy to him. The only way he will change is by something good happening to him. Plain and simple, mark your discs, make the effort to return any you find. It's the right thing to do whether it gets you into heaven or not!

I've noticed that there are bad people that play at every course. Not everyone is bad but I have noticed that there are a lot of people that just care about themselves. I'm not saying that MoPhunk is a bad guy, he just has a bad habbit and bad manners. I understand loosing discs and never being called. I haven't ever gotten any of mine returned but when I find a marked disc I'll make an effort. If I find an unmarked disc it goes in my bag or to a friend that doesn't have as many discs. All I'm saying is, this guy isn't going to change his habbits by people expaining philosophy to him. The only way he will change is by something good happening to him. Plain and simple, mark your discs, make the effort to return any you find. It's the right thing to do whether it gets you into heaven or not!

I dont think i have any bad habits when it comes to disc golf except on my throw. i have put in countless hours on courses' upkeep without compensation. I have returned countless discs in my time. What i am is tired of the way people act and am extremely tired of being expected to do for those who would not do the same for me or who's philosophies differ so extremely from mine.

We had a huge wind storm this summer and had a huge mess to clean up. The same group of people showed up every work day and a lot of the time it was just me and a couple others. We posted work hours around the course and emailed everyone in the local disc golf club. Many were asked, few answered the call.

I guess I am just done with dealing with people who would do nothing yet expect something back. The odds are on my side that i am keeping someone's disc who is like the above. Sorry if good people get caught up in my "philosopy" I am just done spreading my wealth around.

Latest posts