• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please settle this argument...

Robert, the original question is so amusing we just can't let it go that quickly.

The thread has changed my life for the better. I learned a new golfing term Fire-Birdie. I've dropped it into several conversations last night and at this pace it will be trending on Twitter by the end of the month.

Field Ace?

Drive and land in the basket on a Par 3? Ace!
Land in the basket on your second shot on a Par 4? Eagle!
Now what's a field Ace?

Field Ace is a long shot that would be worthy of an ace if the teepad had been there instead.

For example, a 200'+ shot from your 2nd throw on a Par 4. Not an actual tee shot.

Also called a Country Fried Birdie.

Now what's a field Ace?

Someone in my group said that I made a field ace a couple weeks ago during league.

I just thought it was an awesome birdie that somehow made it through a crapload of trees from about 120'--130' out.

It sure felt like an ace...I was shocked to hear the chains just the same as my other, "real" aces.

...or good course designers. Hole 14 at Hudson Mills Monster course is a legit par 4. Over 1000' from the Pro, about 650' from the Am pad. Mostly open, but unforgiving rough off the fairway, and a "wall" (for lack of a better term) of trees about 325' from the pin.

That hole is a solid par 5 from the back tee. It's only been eagled (3) a couple of times. I've heard legend that Scott Stokely did overthrow the basket in 2, but then proceeded to 4-putt for a bogey 6.

The throws +2 = par standard from ball golf DOES work in disc golf, but the 10m circle has NOTHING to do with defining the "green". For a flat, wide-open basket location, the "green" is approximately 150 ft. The "green" shrinks as obstacles and elevation changes come into play. For the 90 ft. hole example, it IS a par 2 as the tee is on the "green", as is this:

3772886847_cddc475284.jpg

Meanwhile, in Pflugerville:

"Hole 11 is a unique, tight, short par 4/5. The tee shot gives the choice between a tight shot up the gut and a risky play over the top with the creek running down the right side. The second shot is very tight and the basket is perched high up on a knob, making for a dynamic approach and putt situation. (I was stoked to make a beagle 3)."

^^ I "Eagled" that hole at NT from the back box 3 of the first 4 times I played it if it's Par 5, once solo and twice playing dubs. To me it's a Par 4 really.

^^ I "Eagled" that hole at NT from the back box 3 of the first 4 times I played it if it's Par 5, once solo and twice playing dubs. To me it's a Par 4 really.

Yeah, I agree, it's a par 4 that's a little too tricky with plinko trees. It just needs a little thinning to be a very good hole.

God, I just wasted three minutes of my life that I'll never get back reading this. Thanks guys.

Stupid argument...I'd say that he almost birdied a par three - par 4's are a made up by bad disc golfers.

Nockamixon must be a terrible course; we have 10 legit par 4's and 2 par 5's. Oh, and it has the highest SSA of any course ever used in worlds, I guess the pdga and dgcr community don't understand your logic.