• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Poll: 275' Thru a Hallway. Which Gateway Midrange/Putter Do you use???

275 foot hallway shot, no wind, which Gateway Midrange do you pull out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll add my vote for a Wizard, Element or Sabre depending on how far you throw and how hard you like throwing on those types of shots. I'm sure the Warlock and Voodoo would work for the putters too. The Magic probably will as well but I'd have less confidence in it.

I'll add my vote for a Wizard, Element or Sabre depending on how far you throw and how hard you like throwing on those types of shots. I'm sure the Warlock and Voodoo would work for the putters too. The Magic probably will as well but I'd have less confidence in it.

I said Element because it should be dead straight for everyone, but a good seasoned Sabre would probably be the best choice IMO for all skill levels. If you throw the Wizard hard enough it is a good option as well, but not everyone has the power to put a Wizard 275'

I would throw a seasoned warrior. Hopefully slight flip with a gradual straightening and a slight finish left about 25ft short of the basket for a 50% chance of making the putt.

I would throw a seasoned warrior. Hopefully slight flip with a gradual straightening and a slight finish left about 25ft short of the basket for a 50% chance of making the putt.

I know not one of the options but I was thinking of a element x(now re-tooled scout) seasoned.

It depends on the ceiling for me. If it can't really go higher than 5-10', I'd throw a beat roc, but if I have 15' to work with vertically, I'd probably throw a seasoned wizard since it would have less fade at the end of that length shot.

Wizard for me, but with hole 3 at Loriella I'd probably throw a forehand roller.

i found (can't really say designed since the farm owners roughly 100 years before actually did that) that hole and installed it- one of my favorites of the courses i've designed. from the shorts it's a beat ce leopard. from the longs i suck at all possibilities. i have come to realize that playing it conservatively does not help me at all. a few years ago i came in second in masters at the loriella challenge and the guy who beat me by one stroke absolutely parked it from the longs... 377 down that tunnel is a hell of a shot.

I voted for Voodoo... because it's the only Gateway disc that I have. But then I decided I didn't want to throw the VooDoo as it's a Quail Ridge stamp Voodoo that my buddy Gflap from St. Louis gave me. I'm keeping it pristine for when I get to have some discs on display.

Thanks Flappy!

Voodoo it is. I only have one Wizard, but it has quite a bit of fade at end of its flight path. Out of the box, the voodoo just plops down on the line if thrown flat with decent power. Maybe a beat Wizard will hold that line, but the Wizard is designed to be overstable and I don't think that is what I would be looking for if trying to throw down a tunnel.

Latest posts