• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll - Your Response to Wind

Thinking of going to the course, but there's wind. What do you do?

• Total voters
I find the wind very fun, even when gusty, as long as there's no water. Wind can make for some very interesting shots, and I never value my Firebird as much as when I'm throwing into a 20mph headwind. Similarly, a NukeSS becomes fun to throw when that same wind is behind you. As long as my competition is playing in the same wind, I don't mind. I certainly haven't mastered putts in the wind, however.

That said, however, water can turn an otherwise fun day of wind golf into a sad waste of plastic. I'll pass and choose a dry course when windy.

This is the second time I've seen someone post this article within the past few months.
I've read it, but it just doesn't jibe with me for some reason, most likely because I'm a sidearmer. Someone will say, "just turn it upside down, it's just the same." No, no it isn't.
I'll read it again, but...

As to the poll, I have been learning to deal with the wind. Not much choice if you want to play DG in the mitten state, especially on the west shore. The wind off Lake Michigan can be absolutely brutal some days.

It's got some good concepts, a decent starting point anyway.

I played in 30-40 mph winds the other day. I shot 9 over, but had a blast. It was fun throwing with just my Wrath, XXX and Zone. I rarely use my Zone, but I really enjoyed throwing it pretty much every hole.

Superstrong storm winds might give me pause, more than a few inches of snow the same, anything else and I'm good

As I get older I don't mind playing in adverse conditions. But if I can avoid a casual round of adverse conditions, there will always be a nice day to play

You would not like Aruba, it's windy 24/7/365.

It might be okay if the wind isn't filled with grass and tree pollen. Or cold. Pollen filled or cold wind can take the boat to Phuckoffity Land.

Just end up adding a few more overstate discs and focus on placement more.

Played yesterday with it gusting up to 30. Shot 1 worse in a casual than I did at my last 2 tag rounds at that course with the same flippy junk I always carry.

I threw a comet roller in a 20mph down draft tailwind yesterday that went a measured 450'. I couldn't get a putter/mid to fly more that about 200' max before it got slammed to the ground... figured why not throw a roller?

Tailwind was mashing so hard that I couldn't get a Buzzz to get over fast enough to stand up. Madness.

I voted for bring it on for a number of reasons.
1. I only play casual rounds and almost never bother to keep score, so I don't really care if the wind sends me awry.
2. I love watching the crazy "air bounces". Sometimes we "bet" on if it will bounce up or down.
3. Wind gives me the opportunity to try different lines.
4. (Most important) It's only a headwind when Gary is throwing. The rest of us get tailwind.