• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Possible Comentators When Disc Golf Is On TV

I think Crazy John Brooks is the man, and has incredible knowledge of the sport. I love listening to him on discgolfplanet.tv, and he would be great on television

Dennis Miller

Well, if you really want to guarantee the game doesn't get too big for its britches, then this is a swell idea. He was rancid on MNF.

Why not get him and O'reilly to do it, and kill the game completely. That combo might make me take up knitting.

Yup ding ding ding, and the winner is! Could there be a better choice? Maybe along side John Gruden just hear him use his "this guy and that guy" phrases he uses all the time on MNF. "Look at how this guy can drive , if he learns how to putt....look out!"

Gruden's great, but I don't know if he can do a broadcast w/out Jaworski:

"THIS Cam Newton, Jaws..."

"THIS Seattle defense, Jaws..."

Ever notice that? He puts 'Jaws' into every comment. He's awesome though.

I'm for Crump, Feherty, and Bill Murray for course reporters. Greenwell is a perfect Jim Nance type "host" or anchor...though his game knowlege would be wasted there. I just agree that his voice is like hot chamomile tea. (Zzzzzz) Feldberg, Climo, et al, any player/ex-player that can talk about the game for color. You can have several 'teams' in the different' towers around the course.

I'm gonna vote for Jimmy Fallon for at least one tournament. He'd make it entertaining for sure.

"The Eldermen". "The Legend" Eric Marx and James Nichols!

"The Eldermen". "The Legend" Eric Marx and James Nichols!

James would be a good choice but I'm not so sure about Marx. Every time I play with him he is usually just complaining about the course and it's flaws ( that might just be for Richmond Hill though )

Okay, had to throw my 2 cents in this category.

I'll name one person and a honorable mention from each of the major sports.

MLB: Bob Uecker Honorable mention: Hawk Harrelson (White Sox) "You can...put it on the card, YES! (delayed pause) YES!"

NFL: Merill Reese (the Eagles' radio broadcaster) HM: Chucky

NHL: Mike "Doc" Emrick HM: Jack Edwards (Bruins' play by play)

NBA: Marv Albert HM: Kevin Harlan

Back from the dead special commentator: Skip Caray (Rich Eisen when he was on ESPN always made fun of his nasally Ray Romano like voice)

Most annoying commentators for DG on TV:

John Sterling (Yankees' radio) all he'll do is pun your name when you make a long putt

Dicky V "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...this guy's awesome, baby! He's making everything! He's a Rolls-Roycer..." Then the guy chokes a ten footer on the next hole

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver

Finally, I present the legendary.... Cris Collinsworth(less)

Chris Berman without a doubt. There is a reason why he is the highest paid announcer on espn...not that he would do it but...

He would be my number one choice.

David Feherty is another good choice

I can't believe the other thread lists people like Charles Barkley and Dennis Miller and not Chris Berman (I do like Dennis Miller but not compared to professional announcers)

Chris Berman without a doubt. There is a reason why he is the highest paid announcer on espn...not that he would do it but...

He would be my number one choice.

David Feherty is another good choice

I can't believe the other thread lists people like Charles Barkley and Dennis Miller and not Chris Berman (I do like Dennis Miller but not compared to professional announcers)

berman's days are numbered his stupid nicknames and 30 year old shtick are done. and he's a highlights guy and loses his breath doing that.
my vote goes for..Jim Nantz

or the guy who does the darts tourney and loses his mind..over 301!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aKiDZRGRGo
edit: never mind found out he died

Loved that guy. Couldn't understand what he was saying most of the time, but his darts calls were classic. In the lipstick!

Narration for the surfing odyssey Endless Summer is some of my favorite voice over. Documentary style, not so much live action commentary. Richard Attenborough also comes to mind as well, to lend a bit of English charm to our silly game.

How about Mike Tirico? He's an Ann Arbor guy so I'd vote for him. Covers all the sports, always gets to jet off to make the call for big events off all sorts.

Barry Schultz. Great DG cred, sounds good on videos he has provided commentary on, knows disc golf.
Definitely NOT David Greenwell and Crazy John Brooks, they are absolutely the worst part of dgplanet broadcasts.
Crump would be good for on the course comments and maybe interviews and features but keep his exposure under control; a little bit of Crump goes a long way but a lot of Crump goes nowhere fast.
Also, someone posted earlier about Miles Seaborn and he would be a good choice, as well.

Latest posts