• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Possible Selah Ranch Meet-Up in late March

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
The change in ownership doesn't seem to bode well for disc golf at Selah. The previous owner put a lot of time, money and effort into the courses but new Hope Ranch facility for "women in trouble" probably won't seem to be a good mix once they start picking up butts and beer cans.

I was already heading east with a few guys from Dallas in late March for Texas States held in Tyler, TX from March 25-28, 2021 since all the big names don't come through DFW anymore. As of Feb 1, it is no spectators allowed but I can't read so we're going.

With the Selah changes, the tourny becomes secondary. We'll probably show up on Wednesday the 25th and stay through Sunday morning, depending on the hall pass from da' Mrs. I've never played Texas Twist so that will be on the schedule too.

My amigo has a sweet 2-man camper, and another dude with an RV might or might not flake on the trip. If he does (and therefore no decent shower) we might grab a room in Mt Vernon or something nearby.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...c_Golf_Championships_Presented_by_Latitude_64

Whatever the details, we can figure it out in 7 weeks. Drop a 'yep' here in the next 4 or so weeks, and if you are staying onsite, to get an approximate headcount. I can make arrangements with the facility once we have more info from y'all.

**IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN BUT ALWAYS WANTED TO, DON'T END UP REGRETTING NOT DOING SO**

I missed out the Missouri cavern because I figured a course with rock walls and no neighbors would be around for a while, now it's probably gone forever. :(:mad::doh::thmbdown:

i will plan on coming out either fri or sat and staying one night camping on site. i'll probably be alone but maybe one other person.

I'm playing in the B pool at TX States so open to playing out there Sunday.

SATURDAY MARCH 27th - weather looks perfect and I got the OK from da Mrs.

Sat 27 | Day
75°
4%
S 11 mph
Sunny skies. High 74F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Humidity
53%
UV Index
8 of 10
Sunrise
7:21 am
Sunset
7:44 pm

The change in ownership doesn't seem to bode well for disc golf at Selah. The previous owner put a lot of time, money and effort into the courses but new Hope Ranch facility for "women in trouble" probably won't seem to be a good mix once they start picking up butts and beer cans.

I hope you all have a great visit to Selah, and I encourage everyone else to make plans to go, too.

I posted this on the "Selah Ranch" thread, but it may be helpful here, too.

Based on my conversations with the new owners, which have been going on for over a year (they quietly bough the Creekside part of the property in early 2020), I can tell you that they are committed to disc golf. In fact, anyone who's been there in the past year may have noticed the extensive work they did on Creekside #10 to help with water flow. We have also discussed upgrades to other areas of the courses. They believe in disc golf and want it to be bigger than ever at Selah/Pure Hope.

The ranch is over 1000 acres, so there's plenty of room for all kinds of activities. Disc golf can be and should be an operation that helps fund their very worthy non-profit work.

As far as I can tell -- and as I say I have been talking to them all along -- disc golf is there to stay and will only be getting better.

Appreciate the update, John.

I called Selah about golf carts for Saturday and they are all booked up.

They do have 3 available for Sunday so as of now we are planning to change dates - walking really takes away from the experience as they are looooong courses.

Please let me know if I should book a third cart as we will only need two of them.

Also does anyone know if Halbot is coming?

We are locked in for Sunday the 28th :D :D

There were 5 carts available, and we only need 2. Carpool could prob fit one more in my 'man-van' after I take out the car seats, but you gotta be cool with 2nd-hand, 'non-cig' smoke.
They also said they will probably fire up the grill and make lunch, especially if we have a good crowd.

Ended up with great weather and very little wind (for Texas). The mud had dried up enough on Creekside to make every hole playable.
Had an epic time, was +2 on Creekside and -3 on Lakeside.

To all who wanted to but missed it, the course was super busy and it seems like disc golf is pretty well set at Pure Hope Ranch. We're heading back after summer to see how our game has changed and all are welcome for that excursion as well.

JenB & Dlock, sorry I missed y'alls messages! All the carts were taken both days this weekend, but we'll make sure to book them early next time.