• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

This is from West Lake in Davenport, Iowa. A sweet course, but an even greater challenge in January, when the high was 15 degrees. That is a Frozen lake in the background.

Attachments

• westlakeice.jpg
    westlakeice.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 679
01westlake1024x768.jpg

Same hole minus the snow

Of course it is. Frozen or not, your disc is (1) OB in ponds and lakes (marked as such) and (2) simple to get back with a Golden Retriever so long as you can see it and it's within range.

Water is not water in the winter; it is ice. There's enough disadvantages to winter play; we play ice is not o.b. during winter. And....everyone be very careful of going for discs on the ice during the winter!

I agree also. For those of us that have played in the snow know that it can be hard. But wow is it fun. That hole is fun to play but the next one is awesome!! Be nicer playing it in winter so you don't have to worry about losing your disc on either side of the damn. Great course and would be a great one to play in the winter.

Of course it is. Frozen or not, your disc is (1) OB in ponds and lakes (marked as such) and (2) simple to get back with a Golden Retriever so long as you can see it and it's within range.
during a tourney or league, yes. casual play, no
Water is not water in the winter; it is ice. There's enough disadvantages to winter play; we play ice is not o.b. during winter. And....everyone be very careful of going for discs on the ice during the winter!

only if its safe to walk on

A true ice bowl

Along the upper Niagara River a few years back

Attachments

• hole4_scaled_up.jpg
    hole4_scaled_up.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 173

I'm going to agree with that as well. My philosophy was "I'm playing crappy enough as it is, I don't think not counting is going to make a drastic difference! :) Throwing in a heavy sweatshirt is a challenge in it's self, but even more so when wearing said sweatshirt, with Tshirt, with long underwear... and so on. To make matters worse, We could only play from the pro tee's because they had the sign next to it. The rest were buried in the snow, with no markers.

I decided to experiment with some putting stop motion photos the other day. My goal was to get that exact point in time at which the disc hits the chains. Easier said than done! Taken at the absolutely gorgeous #7 hole at Prince Gallitzin State Park:

4844514663_c9f2130f99_z.jpg

I decided to experiment with some putting stop motion photos the other day. My goal was to get that exact point in time at which the disc hits the chains. Easier said than done! Taken at the absolutely gorgeous #7 hole at Prince Gallitzin State Park:

4844514663_c9f2130f99_z.jpg

You could probably even read the ink on the inside of the disc if it was a little bigger image. Nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts