• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to take a nice disc golf photo to frame in my office but none of the courses I have played lately have nice scenery (sp?) so I have been unable to accomplish this task so far. Like an idiot, I played Live Oak in San Antonio last weekend and was admiring how great some of the holes looked with the live oaks and the cedar trees next to the lake but I didnt even think to take any pictures :doh: Guess I just have to start discing more often til i get that great photo :thmbup:

Texas isn't the place to find beautiful scenery. When I've been there it seems prety flat and boring.:\

6600506587_18ba2479d5.jpg

Normally I am cruising down this hole grabbing a 4 or 5. I have even snagged one 2 and a handful of 3s here. However, yesterday it absolutely destroyed me and I was lucky to walk away with a 7.

6600506587_18ba2479d5.jpg

Normally I am cruising down this hole grabbing a 4 or 5. I have even snagged one 2 and a handful of 3s here. However, yesterday it absolutely destroyed me and I was lucky to walk away with a 7.

what kind of distance we looking at on that one? looks like a fun comet hole.. just might be a comet 3 or 4 times lol :)

Also what's with the trees? Did they treat them to keep them from getting to banged up? If so, do you know what they used?

what kind of distance we looking at on that one? looks like a fun comet hole.. just might be a comet 3 or 4 times lol :)

Blue Ribbon Pines #4 - 443 feet. 400 feet of solid trees. There are two rows of trees on the left but the property is OB just on the other side. There is a utility road running parallel once you get to about the 250 foot mark where you can try to sneak something in back door (anhyzer, turn, or forehand). The trees are five or so lines thick on the right before you hit Hole 8's fairway. If you get that far, at some point you are going to have to fight back in anyway.

Because of the slight dip a putter is actually the safe play here because they will stay the straightest. The slight dip will give you a little extra loft time. However, I have been known to blast a River straight up that gut and get 300+ feet before it finally hits something (and hopefully comes to rest in the fairway). Yesterday I made it to the first tree with the guard with my River before I was kicked hard right.

I knew I should have played it safe with a putter, and in most tournaments I do, but we were having fun in our group and I talked myself into blasting it down this hole. I should have known better because I already knew I was not throwing my best that day.

Blue Ribbon Pines #4 - 443 feet. 400 feet of solid trees. There are two rows of trees on the left but the property is OB just on the other side. There is a utility road running parallel once you get to about the 250 foot mark where you can try to sneak something in back door (anhyzer, turn, or forehand). The trees are five or so lines thick on the right before you hit Hole 8's fairway. If you get that far, at some point you are going to have to fight back in anyway.

Because of the slight dip a putter is actually the safe play here because they will stay the straightest. The slight dip will give you a little extra loft time. However, I have been known to blast a River straight up that gut and get 300+ feet before it finally hits something (and hopefully comes to rest in the fairway). Yesterday I made it to the first tree with the guard with my River before I was kicked hard right.

I knew I should have played it safe with a putter, and in most tournaments I do, but we were having fun in our group and I talked myself into blasting it down this hole. I should have known better because I already knew I was not throwing my best that day.

anychance to throw a RHFH Roller with something overstable? It might work for a little bit but it will eventually roll left. Just a little idea =)

Also what's with the trees? Did they treat them to keep them from getting to banged up? If so, do you know what they used?

It is a rubber or plastic mesh. Most of the high impact trees have them on the course. Some of the trees they have already given up on and you can see how destroyed they have gotten because of impacts.

anychance to throw a RHFH Roller with something overstable? It might work for a little bit but it will eventually roll left. Just a little idea =)

One in our group (the one with the Gopher's jacket) tried a roller, but he failed miserably. We all suck at distance rollers anyway, my skill to work on for next year.

As for working, it is possible I guess. The entire length of the hole is lined with mulch and woodchips, which probably is too much debris for an accurate roller.

Always wear the proper disc golf attire :D
IMAG0203.jpg

My brother on Shore acres hole 5 aka my glow round nemesis :\
IMAG0215.jpg

No caption needed
1306077748486.jpg

Yes I realize they're too big but resizing on my phone is a pain

Yesterday I played a round at Loriella and joined some guys playing doubles. FOr the life of me I can't remember any names right now.

Loriella1.jpg

Loriella2.jpg

I took these with my iPhone which is kind of a trick considering the camera has a shutter lag.

@ Violets Caddy: Great pics thanks for sharing! :)

Re: apdrvya tag. :eek: :eek:

So THAT'S why he's not marketplace mod. :| :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts